Lab Technician Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 22918889 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $36,749 - $42,574 Position Information A Laboratory Technician position is available in the Nematology program of Dr. Andreas Westphal at the Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center at Parlier, CA. The incumbent will be involved in research on nematode management strategies in field, greenhouse and laboratory settings. The person will maintain and care for plants in the different environments. The successful candidate will collect, measure and count plants in these different environments. The person will also collect soil samples and use nematology procedures to extract these plant parasites from plant material and soil. The lab technician will enter data in preparation for analysis. The individual will assist with laboratory up-keep. This is a position for a highly motivated individual preferably with training in Plant Sciences or closely related field of study. Experience in production of perennial crops is a plus. Experience in all aspects of plant cultivation are desirable.**Please note, this position is located in Parlier, CA,**Please note: While we do not anticipate that our position will be eligible for visa sponsorship, international applicants are still welcome to apply. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Graduation from high school or a General Education Diploma or one year of laboratory experience or two years of college including courses in the natural, physical or social sciences; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and knowledges and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position. Required
Licenses License Requirement Qualified Applicator License (QAL) DPR Preferred California Driver's License Preferred
Experience Minimum Requirements Have basic knowledge of plant cultivation including watering, fertilizing, pest monitoring
Preferred Qualifications Basic knowledge of irrigation scheduling
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position