Administrative Assistant 2
Administrative Assistant 2 Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 23103423 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $43,138 - $61,158 Position Information With an outstanding faculty who are nationally recognized in teaching and research, the Psychology Department at the University of California, Riverside provides a stimulating educational experience and conducts original scientific investigations into a remarkable variety of psychological topics. Our mission is to: Create groundbreaking knowledge through research, Train tomorrowâ€™s scientists and professors in PhD programs, Educate our citizens through undergraduate teaching. This position provides critical administrative support to the faculty, staff, and students of the Psychology Department. This position will be responsible for general administrative functions including answering phone calls, general department questions, and maintaining office supplies and scheduling conference rooms. Education Experience Experience Requirement Minimum of 1-3 years of administrative experience in an office setting Required Minimum of 1-3 years of experience working with confidential documents Preferred Experience working in an academic department in a higher education setting Preferred Experience working UCR systems and policies Preferred
Minimum Requirements Ability to multitask and prioritize workload to meet deadlines in a high paced work environment
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position