HR Recruitment Specialist
Job Title: HR Recruitment Specialist
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36443
Office of Human ResourcesJob Description
The University of Missouri seeks a dynamic HR Recruitment Specialist to support the Office of Human Resources and more broadly, the University’s efforts to develop and deliver recruitment services for the MU campus. The successful candidate will foster and maintain positive relationships with hiring managers, candidates and the community and will drive accountability for the recruitment processes and procedures.
This position will focus on supporting the recruitment of various departmental vacancies in partnership with dedicated HR Recruitment Consultants (Recruiters) in the area of full-cycle recruiting and hiring procedures.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assisting department users with creating accurate job posting information on the Human Resources applicant portal and website.
- Consulting with assigned colleges, schools and divisions (CDSs) to set up effective candidate screening of applications and employment requisitions.
- Developing positive working relationships with assigned CSDs in partnership with the Recruiters.
- Training departmental personnel dedicated to supporting applicant tracking system tasks and objectives.
- Consulting with job applicants to clarify the application process, review application/resume materials and other required forms, and provide advice on job search strategies at the University of Missouri to include effective application materials.
- Marketing the university through individual applicant interactions, and various candidate pipelining efforts.
- Preparing, reviewing and approving salary offers for selected candidates.
- In partnership with a cross-functional team, process and perform duties related to the hiring and onboarding of new employees including preparing offers, analyzing compensation data, checking references, uploading documentation into PeopleSoft HRIS software, assisting employees with the completion of onboarding steps.
- Preparing material for short list candidates and interviews ensuring that managers receive accurate and timely information.
- Developing and managing relationships with UM System Staff, search partners, vendors, peer institutions and appropriate associations and consortiums.
- Communicating and providing backup to the other HR professionals on the team.
- Assisting with the staff classification process.
- Initiating criminal background check (CBC) processes.
- Assisting hiring managers and candidates with the Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) Process.
- Compiling employment, classification, compensation and training data necessary to prepare reports.
- Participating in the development and implementation of new human resource related programs.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented with exceptional organizational and time management skills. Candidates must demonstrate customer service, collaboration, confidentiality, integrity and a commitment to inclusion, diversity and equal opportunity in their activities.Salary
Salary Range: $16.92 - $23.80 per hour, salary commensurate with education and experience
University Title: Human Resource Specialist II
Internal applicants can determine their University title by accessing the Talent Profile title in myHR.Shift
M-F, 8 am - 5 pmMinimum Qualifications
An associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 1 year of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.Preferred Qualifications
- 2-3 years Human Resources support experiences preferable in a recruitment setting
- Experience with Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel; familiarity with PeopleSoft
- Self-starter who can prioritize multiple work streams and manage time efficiently
2 positions availableBenefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: