Educational Program Director
Job Title: Educational Program Director
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36429
Hiring Department The Connector
- Coordinate, implement, and evaluate effective research development programming in both virtual and in-person environments. Identify new trends in research development programming and offerings; stay abreast of current topics and trends through affiliation with national research organizations.
- Create a comprehensive marketing and communications plan with the assistance of ORED communications officers to advertise programming.
- Develop instructional materials for training designs and participant materials for live, elearning, or virtual training
- Provide program management to special initiatives as assigned by the Director, including development of new programs, shared resources, research initiatives, special retreats, seminars, and events, and other research relevant activities that will promote, foster, and facilitate the growth of collaborative grants and team science, particularly at the translational interface.
- Demonstrate and support the use of continuous quality improvement methodologies to incorporate into programming. Evaluate, recommend, improve and/or implement new programs to meet identified needs.
- Develop knowledge of the core strengths and capabilities of faculty across institution for interdisciplinary collaboration. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile Tile in myHR.Shift Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Some evening and weekends as needed.Minimum Qualifications A Master’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.Preferred Qualifications PhD preferred5-10 years creating training curriculum preferably for research/researchersExperience with complete full cycle research development, design, execution, and assessmentMembership in or familiarity with NORDPColumbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.Benefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: