Student: Operations Administrator
Student: Operations AdministratorRequisition Number:
3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork Location:
Lexington, KYOn Campus/Off Campus:
On CampusSalary Range:
$20/ hourType of Position:
StudentPosition Time Status :
Part-TimeHours per Week:
20 hrs/wkJob Summary:
You must be a current UK student to apply for this position.
RedLeaf Biologics, Inc.
University of Kentucky Campus – ASTeCC Building
Part-time – $20/hr.
Potential offer for full-time employment based on performance
RedLeaf is an expanding startup company utilizing a proprietary variety of sorghum to create natural products used in functional ingredients and colorants. RedLeaf has been recognized “Best University Start Up” by NCET2 and as a potential leader in building Kentucky’s agricultural technology ecosystem. By creating innovative natural products, RedLeaf is helping to drive new economic opportunities for Kentucky farmers and break through products for food & beverage, cosmetics and more.
RedLeaf is looking for a part-time Operations Administrator to support several key activities related to our summer harvest activities and the construction of our production scale pilot in the fall. Work will include both desk-top administrative functions like email, calls, paperwork as well as in-the-field activities, such as visiting and evaluating sites, or delivering documents.
The first key set of activities will include ensuring RedLeaf readiness to receive ~15 H2A seasonal workers in the fall. The Ops Admin assistant will work closely with RedLeaf executives and managers to identify and secure housing for workers, manage transportation, and generally ensure complete and successful application for workers under the H2A program.
The second key set of tasks relate to construction of RedLeaf’s first commercial production facility in the fall. Ops Admin assistant will help with identifying and evaluating potential sites for the facility, identifying and sourcing specific pieces of equipment, and helping manage logistics with various vendors such as electricians and trade contractors.
Depending on interest and need, the Ops Admin will also have the opportunity to assist with various other activities related to RedLeaf priorities, including certification, and sales operations, for example.
This is a truly unique opportunity for a diligent and motivated candidate to get involved and exciting and fast-growing start-up. Ideal candidates will be highly organized and self-driven, self-starters with high autonomy an accountability. Ongoing and effective communication with RedLeaf management and team members will be essential to ensure the Company stays focused on performing value adding work. Overall, RedLeaf is looking for a motivated, hardworking and ambitious candidate excited about in working with both in the field and with a high performing science driven startup environment.
- Work with RedLeaf CEO and Agricultural Operations Manager to apply for and confirm seasonal workers required to execute fall hand-harvest
- Identify, inspect and apply for housing options
- Ensure transportation and other required functions for seasonal workers
- Collect and complete documentation and other elements required for H2A application
- Work with Ag Operations Manager and Quality Manager on key activities related to construction of RedLeaf Pilot facility in the fall
- Identify and evaluate potential sites for facility
- Coordinate with vendors and contracts (e.g., electricians, dry-wall)
- Help research and coordinate equipment vendors
- (Depending on interest and need), help with other administrative and logistical priorities across RedLeaf. For example, documentation for various certifications, support sales operations
Qualifications and requirements:
- Demonstrated success in an administrative support, operations, or similarly related role
- Independent self-starter able to work with high autonomy, able
o proactively identify and address problems
- Energetic, enthusiastic attitude
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Availability for April or May start
- Access to car and willingness to drive to locations throughout Fayette and adjacent counties
- Ability to commit to at least 20 hours per week
05/23/2021University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date: