Professional Research Assistant
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS
Professional Research Assistant
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes
Position #00782832 Posting #21037
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Nature of WorkThis is a full-time (40 hours per week) Professional Research Assistant position at the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes. This is a clinical research position with no laboratory duties. The PRA will contribute to new and ongoing diabetes related studies, including serving as the liaison between the Barbara Davis Center and the external companies involved in the various protocols. Supervision ReceivedThis position reports to the study Principal Investigators (Gregory Forlenza, MD, Paul Wadwa, MD, Robert Slover, MD, Laurel Messer, PhD, RN & Erin Cobry, MD), and to the team manager (Cari Berget RN, MPH, CDCES). Supervision will include training and oversight for the position’s responsibilities. The position is part of the Pediatric clinic team and the employee will be expected to assist the staff members within that section.Supervision ExercisedNo supervision of others is required of this position.Duties and ResponsibilitiesThis is a research coordinator position requiring interest in clinical research in type 1 diabetes in pediatrics, the ability to be self-directed, detail-oriented, and adaptable in a high-intensity environment. This study team conducts numerous clinical trials at the same time; therefore, strong teamwork is essential as well as the ability work independently. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required as well. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the execution of clinical research studies with children and adults with diabetes, involving diabetes management technologies, including insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, and automated insulin delivery systems
- Implementing study recruitment and enrollment procedures with eligible patients, children, and families
- Responsibility for IRB submissions/correspondence for assigned studies, including completion of CU’s policies and procedures for research oversight and regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining device accountability for clinical trials
- Completing data entry
- Coordinating the completion of study visits to meet protocol requirements
- Implementing and maintaining subject tracking database.
- Educating patients and staff about the study.
- Serving as liaison between BDC, internal/external departments, and companies involved.
- Participating in study meetings and trainings as required.
- Developing research protocols and informed consent forms in collaboration with the primary investigator.
- Additional responsibilities may involve frequent blood sampling, sample processing, diabetes device education and diabetes self-management education
- Minimum of Bachelors of Arts or Sciences degree required.
- Minimum 1-year work experience in a clinical research setting required.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in a clinical research setting preferred
- Experience in diabetes care or education and experience in pediatric patient settings highly desirable.
- Registered Dietician or Registered Nurse highly desired
- If not a RN/RD, 2-3 years’ experience as a PRA/research coordinator is highly desired
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist preferred
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 23, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing