Professional Research Assistant
DescriptionSchool of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology Professional Research Assistant (PRA), Diamond LabPosition #00782977 – Requisition #21035
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Nature of Work
The Diamond Lab in the Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine has an immediate opening for an entry level Professional Research Assistant at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado USA. The position will not be involved in course instruction and is not eligible for tenure. An employee in this position can be terminated at any time without notice and severance pay may not be provided.Professional Field
Molecular biology, cancer biology, biochemistry, animal sciences.Supervision Received
We are looking for a talented, energetic, highly motivated individual to work in the professional field of Oncology; and will work with lab research and executes projects related to Oncology/Molecular Biology with oversight in preclinical therapeutics development and Molecular Biology. The successful candidate will work as a team member, (s)he will be supervised by Drs. Jennifer Diamond and Todd Pitts, and current supervising research staff within the laboratory.There will be an emphasis in working within the developmental therapeutics program and early phase I clinical biomarker development with an emphasis on the use of animal models for the study of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer.Supervision Exercised
None.Examples of Work Performed
Examples of research lab work performed: Cell culture, biochemistry and molecular expertise required.Specific research lab duties include:
- Maintenance of a TNBC cancer xenograft bank, mouse work and development and improvement of mouse models, as directed.
- Processing and management of patient tissue samples (PBMC's, serum, normal tissues, tumor tissues) from clinical trials.
- Examine the effects of novel anticancer drugs on TNBC cancer cell types.
- Familiarity with cell culture techniques and animal cancer models is essential.
- Participation in research meetings, case conferences, team meetings, weekly individual supervision.
- Completes all necessary research recordkeeping and documentation and timely data entry.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Willingly accepts additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by management.
- Performs other related research duties and procedures, including special research projects and those related to managing patient samples from clinical trials, as directed.
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $35,600 – $40,000.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree education in appropriate scientific field (biology, chemistry, or related sciences)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with cell viability, survival and apoptosis assays, and flow cytometry techniques.
- 1 year of laboratory experience using the above-described research laboratory techniques.
- Working knowledge of molecular biology techniques for protein and RNA analysis are required.
- Ability to develop new techniques and methods through literature searches and work effectively to assure rapid research progress.
- The PRA position involves strong qualitative analysis skills, health, and public health research experience, must have excellent written and oral communications skills and strong word processing skills including internet and electronic mail capabilities for University business only.
- Prior research laboratory experience working with research animals highly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) preferred.
- Team-oriented, flexible, able to communicate and motivate collaborative partners
- Ability to work independently and effectively to develop new techniques
- Demonstrated successful planning and management skills in behavioral research and/or research projects.
Recent college graduates and newly experienced researchers are both encouraged to apply for this PRA position.Job Category:
Apr 23, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University