Administrative Coordinator - Office of the President
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, is seeking candidates for the Administrative Coordinator position in the Office of the President.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
In a fast-paced, highly visible Office of the President, this position provides high-level, confidential, administrative support to the Office of the President. The Administrative Coordinator exercises independent judgment, maintains high-level of confidentiality, demonstrates initiative, multi-tasks, and manages many competing priorities. This position reports to the Special Assistant to the President.
- Provide front desk operations to include but is not limited to, answering phones, accepting packages and other deliveries, greeting and signing in visitors/guests, ordering office supplies and catering.
- Perform complex duties requiring specialized and extensive knowledge of the operations of the President's Office to relieve the Office of the President of administrative details.
- Compose correspondence; develop, review and edit presentations and documentation; independently research and analyze associated issues and/or compile materials needed for presentation and/or decision making purposes.
- Oversee and/or manage multiple projects; anticipate and track critical dates, events and organizational issues for the President's office; follow up with appropriate parties to ensure deadlines are met.
- Responsible for maintaining the filing systems and ensuring all pertinent information and supporting materials are retained.
- Coordinate logistics for business travel, conferences, seminars and training programs for the President's Office.
- Prepare notices for meetings; assist in preparation of meeting agendas and backup materials for meetings, as well as compilation of minutes from those meetings and serve as recording secretary when assigned.
- Prepare requisitions and maintain purchasing records for multi-units reporting to the Office of the President.
- Monthly reconciliation for corporate travel card and purchasing card.
- Handle sensitive and confidential matters and correspondence with the maximum confidence. Regularly reviews and edit the departmental website as well as update the organizational newsletter for distribution.
- Create and maintain, in coordination with colleagues, analytical management reports and professional presentation materials for presentation to diverse outside audiences.
- Assist with planning, collaborating, an executing of events hosted and/or associated with the Office of the President such as Commencement, Convocation, Faculty and Staff Events, and Socials.
- Interact with administrators, faculty, staff, parents, students and other constituents for an effective communication between the Office of the President and both internal and external constituencies.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in a variety of Windows-based computer programs including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with constituents at all levels required. Effective writing and verbal skills. Competent handling of confidential and sensitive issues with judgment, discretion, and diplomacy.Strong database experience.Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to promote process improvements to create institutional efficiencies and ability to scale.Budget management experience MS Excel skills with the ability to learn college operational and financial systems.
- Bachelor's degree.Five to ten years of administrative support with experience in providing executive-level administrative support within a large, complex organization.Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.Knowledge of budget processes and management principles.Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.Proficiency with job-related social media and online blogging.Strong prioritizing and organizational skills.Strong attention to details.Skill in identifying and solving problems.Strong oral and written communication.Skill in diplomacy.Exercises initiative and independent judgment in daily activities.
- Graduate Degree in related field. Knowledge of university and departmental policies and procedures.Knowledge of university academic units and their functions.Knowledge of University System of Georgia Board of Regents policies, procedures, practices, requirements and reporting structures.