Custodian - Part Time
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
Custodian - Part TimeDepartment:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
$910 monthly/$1,040 monthly on the first of the month, after 90 days.Department Summary:
Facilities is a service organization responsible for the planning, renovation, maintenance, and repair of University buildings and facilities; and the provision of utilities, vehicle rental, refuse collection, custodial and other services essential to the mission of the University of North Texas.
For more information go to:
This position is responsible for the cleaning and sanitation work of the University, or on special projects. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Sweeps, mops, scrubs, strips, waxes, and buffs floors, hallways, and stairways and cleans and vacuums, carpets and rugs.
• Cleans and dusts furniture, walls, ceilings, windows, windowsills, woodwork, and other building surfaces.
• Cleans and sanitizes rest rooms, baths, commodes, urinals, lavatories, drinking fountains, and other fixtures.
• Picks up and removes trash and other waste from building and cleans waste receptacles and transports recyclable materials to drop off point on a scheduled basis.
• Unlocks building doors as required for building functions and programs.
• Moves furniture for cleaning purposes.
• Observes safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a part time, benefits eligible position of 20 hours a week.Minimum Qualifications:
There are no minimum education or experience requirements.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions ability to read and understand labels on chemicals.
• Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: measuring and mixing chemicals).
• Sufficient knowledge of cleaning methods and the proper use of cleaning equipment.
• Ability to operate vacuum cleaner, floor waxer, floor buffer, and other cleaning equipment.
• Physical ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, operating cleaning equipment, and lifting of materials and equipment.
• Ability to recognize and to report maintenance needs in buildings.
• Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
• Stable employment record
• Physically able to perform work involving standing, stooping, the operation of cleaning equipment, and lifting of trash and equipment.
Monday – Friday 12:30 am – 4:30 amDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Carrying, Cleaning, Climbing, Crawling, Kneeling, Lifting or moving up to 75 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or HearPosting Number:
S1904PQuicklink for Posting: