Job descriptionJob no: 702252
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 00
Major Administrative Unit / College: President
Department: Department Of Police And Public Safety 10070690
Sub Area: OTEE- Other EE
Salary: Pay Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
This is a temporary or on-call position. Provides support for concerts, sporting events, outdoor functions and related University special events. Duties may include working at an assigned station in a concession stand; preparing and dispensing refreshments; transporting, maintaining and arranging supplies, equipment and materials; operating a cash drawer; assisting with parking enforcement; acting as an event usher; and similar event related responsibilities. Term: Temps can work two (2) nine (9) month terms with a week break in service in between at the end of the second term terminate for three (3) months or switch to an on-call. On-Call allowed to work 1039 hours in any twelve (12) month period.Unit Position Summary
MSU Greencoat Security
The MSU Police Department is a diverse team of individuals working together to provide the University with a safe and welcoming atmosphere.
The MSU Police Department is looking for individuals interested in assisting police officers with security at special events on campus.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor secured areas.
- Screen patrons for prohibited items at event venues.
- Provide leadership and direction in emergencies and assist emergency personnel as needed.
- Make contact with police when needed for law enforcement or order maintenance.
- Monitor the facility/event and be vigilant for prohibited items and activities.
Working Conditions and Hours
Greencoat Security is assigned to shifts that could encompass any time of day or day of week. Sign-up options are available to allow you to volunteer for work assignments. However, all Greencoats must work MSU home football games, or similar high-volume events.
The Department has a policy restricting student employees from working more than 25 hours per week. Non-student employees may not work more than 19 hours per week. Any other part-time MSU employment must be included in that weekly hour limit and disclosed to the Department.
Applicants must possess, agree to, and/or have the following:
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license if driving a University vehicle during events.
- Be able to work flexible hours, including holidays and MSU home football games.
- Display a high standard of ethical conduct.
- Be able to stand and/or walk for an entire shift.
- Be able to pass a certification test provided by Department trained First-Aid/CPR instructors based on the American Red Cross standard, or have a current and valid certificate for that training.
- Complete required training and be able to be certified in blood borne pathogen standards.
- Pass and employment background investigation.
Those who are interested may apply online at http://police.msu.edu/contact/job-opportunities/
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Work Hours
Advertised: Apr 23, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 22, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time