Data Management Analyst III
Job no: 516367
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Engineering/Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:30010100 - JX-DEAN-ADMINISTRATION
Data Management Analyst IIIJob Description:
Programming and data management: Using Python, SQL and/or other database/analytical software platforms at an expert level of proficiency to manipulate and analyze data. Additional expertise in custom software and databases will be important for successful completion of analyses.
Data Quality: The IDR provides secure, consistent, and reliable data for UF researchers. The person in this position must uphold ad defend the highest standards of data quality by:
- Creating and executing the organizations’ strategy for improving and maintaining research data quality
- With the IDR and Center for Data Solutions teams, define and establish data quality definitions and rules consistent with unit and organizational priorities
- Supports a consistent ontology
- Defines data quality metrics and establishes processes to measure and monitory them continuously
- Ensures compliance with quality standards
- Manages difficulty communications related to data quality
- Works with IDR and Center for Data Solutions teams in consort with IT partners to prevent and remediated identified quality issues both manual and automated solutions
Research Data Request Management: A primary role for this position is to prioritize and coordinate multiple research projects – often under tight deadlines. Specifically, this position will:
- Set strategies and priorities for responding to research data requests
- Manage queue of incoming research data requests
- Set policies to limit collection of unnecessary data
- Develops and recommends strategies to serve growing research demand for data sets, data analysis, data queries, reports, and business intelligence across UF Health Jacksonville
- In accordance with data governance plan, set priorities and strategies for incorporating new sources of data in the Integrated Data Repository based on demand from UF Researchers
Quantitative Analysis and Design: The position will be responsible for selecting and applying appropriate analytical methods to answer questions as specified by clinical researchers, administrators, and clinicians. This position will require expertise in database understanding and data ontology practice. The position will interact with a range of experts in database modeling, machine learning, event simulation, and other advanced analytics processes.
Writing reports of analyses: Using software tools for business intelligence and analytics (e.g. SAP product stack), word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and organization analyses (e.g. Microsoft Office products), provides reports of analyses to decision makers and researchers.Expected Salary:
$65,000 – $82,000 to commensurate with education and experienceMinimum Requirements:
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, information systems, or related field and four years of relevant experience.
Must demonstrate experience with database design, reporting tools, and project management and familiarity with health care information system industry.
Must demonstrate experience with EMR systems (such as Epic) and data design. Experience including:
- In-depth knowledge of SQL
- In-depth knowledge of Python
- Experience with data integration and business intelligence software (SAP product stack)
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of basic principles of clinical research
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments
- Ability to work effectively and independently
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of 5/6/2021.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 23 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 06 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time