Senior Project Manager
Senior Project ManagerProject Management and Strategic Consulting
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
Under the supervision of the AVP of Strategic Consulting, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and ensuring the timely delivery of university-wide project initiatives. The Senior Project Manager will seek to improve business processes and work directly with stakeholders to develop comprehensive project requirements (scope of work) through needs analysis and requirements gathering. The ability to schedule, monitor, and report progress on projects to stakeholders is essential.
The Senior Project Manager will lead, manage, and oversees project teams, providing direction, guidance, and support as needed to ensure highly efficient delivery of services to the university community. The manager will need to be a problem solver and use proper judgment to escalate potential issues to appropriate stakeholders to mitigate risk.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business-related field and five years project management experience to include strategic planning experience.
- Project Manager Certification or Master Project Manager or relevant experience managing complex projects in a higher education setting.
- Higher education (specifically in administrative functions such as HR, finance, grants management).
- ERP systems (Oracle, Workday, Banner).
- Process improvements such as Lean or Six Sigma.
- Microsoft Project or other project management tools.
- Change management initiatives.