Under the supervision of the Director of Campus Planning and Facilities or his/her designated supervisor, the Group II – Maintenance Trainee Worker is responsible for the repair and upkeep of the College physical plant. The employee performs a variety of electrical, mechanical, structural and plumbing assignments. The employee performs related maintenance duties as assigned.Essential Job Functions
- Maintenance of heating and ventilating equipment.
- Lubrication of all mechanical equipment.
- Effective and safe boiler operation upon completion of training.
- Daily inspection of all safety devices, firing equipment and water properties.
- General repair of plumbing, electrical, glass and hardware.
- Maintain compliance with fire regulations.
- Fire extinguisher inspection and maintenance.
- Weld or braze when required as incidental to repair work.
- Perform related maintenance and repair duties as assigned.
- Participate as assigned in in?house, on?the?job training and classroom training.
- Boiler shift watches as assigned.
- General carpentry projects.
- Operate hand and power tools.
- Preventative maintenance of all equipment as assigned.
- Executes responsibilities in accordance with applicable laws and the organization's policies, which includes the Code of Ethics.
This position requires a higher level of skills and knowledge than is required of Group I and is designed as a training position to allow the individual to compete for advancement upon completion of the program. In operation and maintenance of the HVAC system, an appropriate certification, licensure or equivalent, as deemed by the College in consultation with MCCCMA, must be acquired within three years of the initial classification.
The applicant for this position must possess mechanical abilities and skills necessary to perform the essential job functions listed, the ability to follow orders orally and written, and the ability to work well with others, good physical condition to perform maintenance and boiler operations duties and tasks that require stooping, bending, lifting (at least 65 lbs.), and climbing ladders.