Mgr, Finance & Operations
The Manager of Finance and Operations reports directly to the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Studies and is responsible for management of all budgets and funds in the portfolio of Undergraduate Studies within the Office of the Provost. The incumbent serves as the financial liaison between department directors and the Vice Provost and will play an integral role in fiscal budget planning. The Manager creates ad hoc financial reports for the Vice Provost and Department Directors; acts as a technical resource managing Undergraduate Studies equipment and software inventory and working closely with the Provost’s Office to make updates as needed; serves on University committees as a representative to the portfolio; interacts with other University fiscal units and outside vendors on financial matters, including processing payments for students and faculty; and manages PCARD processes and enforces accountability and proper procedures amongst PCARD holders within the portfolio. The Manager works on or manages complex projects; provides input to HR-related issues for staff as requested; and oversees the resolution of administrative problems within Undergraduate Studies. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field and at least four years of directly related experience including budget development and fiscal management. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.Required Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to exercise discretion, use professional and independent judgement to make decisions and work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to develop and manage a budget
* Ability to prioritize, maintain confidentiality, complete multiple budgeting tasks, and meet deadlines.
* Ability to interpret and apply University policies and procedures.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Project and team management skills.
* Understanding of HR policies and procedures.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of students, staff and faculty and all levels of administration.
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and databases.Preferred:
* Knowledge of Banner, Kronos, Cognos.This position requires a background check.Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-reportYou may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-Main Campus-Conwell Hall
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular