Associate Athletics Director for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI) and Student-Athlete Development
Reporting to the Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director, the Associate Athletics Director for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI) and Student-Athlete Development is responsible for the implementation of DEI education and programming for all athletic department staff and student-athletes and will be responsible for student-athlete development programming and education. This position will operate as a member of the senior athletic department staff and will work in conjunction with all university departments to support efforts towards DEI education and student-athlete development. The Associate Athletics Director for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Student-Athlete Development will also perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in student-athlete development and/or diversity, equity and inclusion in higher education. Demonstrated experience with operational policies and procedures, planning, review, and development. Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Required Skills & Abilities:
* Critical understanding of the complexities of minoritized identities and social justice.
* Ability to manage multiple collaborative projects and systems in a fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated problem solving, strong leadership, and team-building skills.
* Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize diverse tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrated strong integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and University rules.
* Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Software including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
* Must be able to work a highly variable schedule including nights and weekends.
* Ability to travel to off campus locations that may not be accessible via public transportation.Preferred:
* Master’s Degree
* NCAA Division I experience.Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-reportYou may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-STAR Aramark Building 1816 N. 15th Street
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular