Police Officer I
- Patrols campus areas on foot or by motorized vehicle;
- issues citations and warnings. Directs traffic and enforces traffic laws and regulations.
- Maintains watch over buildings and grounds; checks doors and windows.
- Observes and/or investigates suspicious actions or persons, and dangerous or defective conditions.
- Reports and investigates accidents, vandalism, thefts and fire. Assists in the location of lost or stolen property.
- Gives directions and other information to the public as requested. Maintains records of accidents and investigations.
- Gives warnings and issues tickets to the public. Advises students, faculty, and staff on campus regulations.
- Investigates traffic accidents, questions drivers and witnesses, and assists injured; records pertinent data describing scene and circumstances.
- Performs specialized police work in protecting life and property, preventing violations, enforcing laws and regulations on University property and apprehending violators within police jurisdiction.
High school diploma or GED and must be a U.S. citizen; a minimum age of twenty; Not have been convicted of a felony or have an adverse driving history. Have 20/20 vision or corrected 20/20 vision; Be willing to undergo a psychological exam, polygraph/computer voice stress analyzer(CVSA), complete a physical ability test- (timed obstacle course); must complete an entry level law enforcement exam; fingerprinting and drug screening test; have the physical ability to perform the essential job functions; must be able to pass thorough background investigation. Valid Georgia Driver's License required at the time of employment.
05/21/21, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Police/Security Services
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 04/22/21, 9:45:19 AM