Network Security Administrator
Overview and Responsibilities
The Network Security Administrator is responsible for tactics and execution of Chippewa Valley Technical College’s (CVTC) information security strategy. This position reports to the Network and Infrastructure Manager.
This position will be based out of CVTC’s Applied Technology Center and, although may include some remote work, is considered an on-site position.
- Lead and manage projects in areas of network security.
- Configure security systems, analyze security requirements, and recommend improvements
- Systems and infrastructure patch management strategy and compliance
- Assist in regulatory compliance efforts including, but not limited to, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and public records retention)
- Implement and maintain access layer security/segmentation technologies (802.1x, SDA, etc.).
- Apply a zero-trust security model to strategic and tactical decisions.
- Assist in planning and executing disaster recovery.
- Secure wired and wireless networks using Aruba Clearpass.
- Respond to alerts from threat intelligence tools such as SIEM.
- Administration of Microsoft Windows client EDR/XDR and advanced threat protection technology.
- Administration of secure application/desktop remote access via VMware Horizon.
- Administration of Microsoft Defender 365 solutions.
- Research current information security trends.
- Serve as technical point of contact for Managed Detection and Response (MDR) partner.
- Facilitate e-discovery requests.
- Perform breach forensics and discovery.
- Develop strategy and tactics based on security standards such as NIST or CIS.
- Interpret and present detailed technical subject matter to a wide array of audiences.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Maintain service and support contracts as assigned.
- Follow department standard operating procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with enterprise vulnerability scanning solutions such as Tenable.IO, Qualys or Rapid7.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Azure, Active Directory and Windows Server technology.
- Possess and maintain awareness of zero-day threats and work with application/system owners to mitigate risk.
- Understanding of capital and operational expenses as it pertains to hardware and services acquisition.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Advanced knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, data collection, and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of three years of systems and/or network administration.
- One year or more of security focused administration preferred.
- CompTIA Net+ and CompTIA Security+ certifications.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.Benefits Summary
- Health insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents with attached Health Savings Account (HSA) and wellness incentive
- Dental insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- 403(b) tax deferred annuity program
- 457(b) deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement (eligibility requirements apply)
- Professional development
Generally, with the exception of tuition reimbursement, benefits eligibility begins on the first date of employment (i.e., there is no waiting period).
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711