Executive Director of Dr. Nancy Grasmick Leadership Institute (NGLI) and Professor of Practice ...
Strategic and Visionary Leadership
- Support, execute and modify the proposed vision/road map for the Institute
- Establish and maintain a dynamic and engaged Board of Advisors that can provide guidance, direction and support to advance the visibility and mission of the Institute
- Develop strategies with key stakeholders to ensure appropriate financial resources and support
- Hire and lead a dedicated and diverse team of professional staff members
- Lead discussions stakeholders to identify and assess leadership challenges and opportunities
- Cultivate relationships with business and civic leaders to identify opportunities for leadership research and programming.
- Advocate on the state and regional levels for resources and support of leadership programs.
- Create a culture of collaboration on leadership focused programs across the University
- Creates, implements and manages the annual operational and capital budgets for the Institute.
The ideal candidate will be someone who knows how to build and create an organization that can affect change. Someone with practical and demonstrated experience taking a vision and developing a practical and successful implementation plan will be especially qualified. Other qualifications include:
- Ten (10) or more years of senior level leadership experience in a for-profit/not-for-profit organization. Experience working with (or in) higher education is a plus.
- Advanced degree required. Graduate degree in relevant disciplines (such as an MBA) is strongly preferred.
- Fundraising and developing sustainable donors
- Demonstrated experience and success with:
- Developing and implementing strategic plans to align tactical work efforts with strategic vision.
- Project management skills (developing, implementing and cost-control),
- Developing and managing budgets with diverse revenue streams.
- Developing and facilitating relationships with stakeholders from various backgrounds including business, government and academic institutions.
- Understanding leadership development and pedagogy and providing practice-oriented instruction in leadership programs.
- Business development and strategic relationship development
- Selecting and developing a competent and diverse staff
Organization: Strategic Partnerships & Applied Research Division
Primary Location: Main Campus
Job Posting: Apr 22, 2021