Full-Time Faculty Position: Practical Nursing
Department:: Practical Nursing
Locations:: Lawrence, MA
Posted:: Apr 22, 2021
Closes:: May 6, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Position ID:: 130301
POSITION: Full-Time Faculty Position: Practical Nursing; Division of Health Professions; Lawrence Campus; 37.5 Hours per week; MCCC/MTA Unit Position; Tenure Track; Position is based on funding.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Teach classroom and laboratory and/or clinical courses in the Practical Nursing Program.
- Participate in curriculum development, implementation, assessment and revision using defined program outcomes.
- Participate in College service activities.
- Actively participate on assigned program committees, including subcommittee work.
- Maintain currency in area of professional expertise.
- Maintain licensure as an RN in good standing in Massachusetts
- Maintain Office hours and advise students.
- Plan clinical assignments in accordance with course curriculum and student learning needs.
- Plan student clinical group assignments for contracted facilities prior to the clinical experience.
- Evaluate student clinical performance
- Conduct pre and post clinical conferences
- Interact on an ongoing basis with clinical agency personnel to foster a positive learning environment.
- Monitor class attendance.
- An earned Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited college/university.
- Minimum 2 years of full-time employment in nursing within the past 5 years.
- Evidence of clinical competence in area(s) of Nursing Foundations and Medical Surgical is required.
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse license in good standing required.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Face 2 Face, online, hybrid and or videoconferencing teaching experience.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team-teaching environment.
- Knowledge and experience with the use of patient simulators and technology.
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse, urban population in a Hispanic-Serving Institution.
- Anticipated starting salary range is $45,771.00-$61,000.00 per academic year; complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, free dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits.
- Actual salary will be determined in accordance with classification determination of MCCC/MTA salary schedule commensurate with education and experience. Transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: September 2021
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter, references and/or two recent letters of reference & resume online.
DEADLINE: May 6, 2021
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219, 978-556-3928/ [email protected] Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery