Full-Time Accountant II
Department:: Accounting & Finance
Locations:: Haverhill, MA
Posted:: Apr 23, 2021
Closes:: May 7, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Position ID:: 130337
POSITION: Full-Time Accountant II: Administration and Finance; 37.5 hours per week; AFSCME Unit I Position
Summary: The successful candidate will be an excellent team player responsible for leading the full cycle accounts payables and accounts receivable processes for the college. Provide contract management, procurement and budget analyses and support for operating, capital, and grant activities. Support all internal and external audit activities and finance lead system projects and support department administrative activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for leading the full cycle accounts payables process for the college.
- Responsible for non-student full cycle accounts receivable process for the college.
- Provide contract management, procurement and budget analyses and support for operating, capital and grant activities.
- Support all internal and external audit activities.
- Support finance system led projects.
- Support department administrative activities.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting including terminology; GAAP, GAAS & GASB.
- Knowledge of the methods of general report writing.
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of accounting data, to draw conclusions and to make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as financial reports, accounts and ledgers.
- Ability to understand, apply and explain the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, etc. governing assigned unit activities.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations using formulae to solve accounting problems.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to gather information by examining records and documents and through questioning individuals.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to prepare general and financial reports.
- The Classification Specification is available at: https://www.mass.edu/shared/classificationspecs/specspers/Accountant Series.doc
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must have at least:
- (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in accounting or auditing, or
- (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
- An Associate's degree with a major in accounting, business administration or business management may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
- A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major in accounting, business administration or business management may be substituted for the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree with be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
- Mass State and higher education accounting experience.
- Solid accounting knowledge and experience in accounts payables, account receivables and budget processes and systems.
- Master's degree.
- Ellucian Banner experience.
- MMARS experience.
- Budget system/software experience.
- Bilingual English Spanish.
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse, urban population in a Hispanic-Serving Institution.
GRADE AND SALARY:
$1,799.63 - $2,551.30 biweekly ($46,790.38 - $ 66,333.80 annually). An appointment from outside the bargaining unit (AFSCME) must start at Step I of the range. Complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: May 2021
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter & resume online.
DEADLINE: May 7, 2021
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219,
978-556-3928/ [email protected] Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery