Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226533
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
The Financial Aid Office Manager reports to the Director of Financial Aid and is responsible for managing the flow of communication both within and outside of the office, counseling and advising students and families on issues related to federal, state, and institutional financial aid policies and regulations. The administrative functions require a working knowledge of budgets, contracts, event planning, general office duties, and the ability to follow institutional procedures. The financial aid duties require knowledge of Banner, Title IV, state regulations, and departmental procedures.Responsibilities
- Maintain department budgets, coordinate contracts for approval, submit work orders, and order supplies.
- Process personnel paperwork, acclimate new hires, and plan events.
- Update website, TV, and social media sites.
- Manage office mail, maintain department calendar, assist with travel and travel reimbursements.
- Review cflag submission in CampusLogic and satisfy simple cflag requirements in Banner.
- Maintain and reconcile Purchasing Card for all purchases made for the department.
- Provide direct administrative support to the Director of Financial Aid as needed.
- Represent Director and/or the Office of Financial Aid at meetings or by serving on selected committees.
- Coordinate SAP Appeals and serve as contact for the SAP Appeals Committee and advise students who sign SAP Appeal agreements.
- Maintain Policies and Procedures manual.
- Reviews documents for completion and accuracy, log and update documents in Banner.
- Serve as a backup for front line as needed.
- Acts as liaison and point of contact with Call Center to help resolve escalated issues regarding students.
- Explain complex regulations to students and parents to ensure compliance with federal and institutional regulations.
- Represents the Office of Financial Aid at various programs including Orientation, Open House, etc. as needed.
- Assist with phone calls, emails, walk-ins, and faxes as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Financial Aid experience and/or experience with budgets and contracts is preferred.Knowledge of general office policies and procedures, and basic equipment operation (hardware, Microsoft Office products, etc.).Effective time management and organizational skills.Ability to interpret complex institutional, state, and federal regulations; exercise independent judgement in making decisions.Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.Excellent interpersonal skills.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.