Temporary Research Assistant - Fluid Dynamics
Job Title: Temporary Research Assistant - Fluid Dynamics
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226381
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for Temporary Research Assistants on the Dahlonega campus. The Temporary Research Assistants will assist in fluid dynamics research. Research may consist of optical imaging, computation, or both. Completion of at least a survey course in physics is expected. Preference given to physics students returning to UNG Fall 2021. Ability or willingness to learn to use shop tools is expected. Desire for graduate work in physics or engineering is a plus.Responsibilities
- Use and alignment of professional grade optics and cameras including machine vision cameras.
- Flow experiments involving optical alignment, cameras, mixing solutions, cell assembly, and similar.
- Graphical, computational, and written analysis of experimental data.
- Running and modifying computational routines and analyzing results.
- Construction of experimental apparatus.
- Professional writing of research results.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowldege of handling of optics and/or cameras, computer programming, hand tools, technical writing, mixing of solutions.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- UNG student having completed at least one-year sequence of introductory physics.
- Undergraduate research experience and/or intermediate physics, chemistry, or engineering laboratory experience.
5/8/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.