Student Records Specialist
The Student Records Specialist will work as part of a team who are responsible for processing all student and program information from registration to completion of a course in our credit and non-credit programs in the Office of Extended Learning. These Student Records Specialists are central to the processing of student records and communicating with students, and are critical in carrying out the mission and goals of each of the programs within Extended Learning.Duties & Responsibilities
- Process registrations for credit and non-credit courses and programs.
- Accurately audit registration and course information from daily registration reports, and send confirmation emails.
- Generate and send invoices to students and/or companies, and appropriately process and record payments.
- Utilize PeopleSoft, Blackboard, Hobsons, TargetX, Perceptive Content, Enrole, and Informer to thoroughly and accurately complete the registration process.
- Complete exam request process - approve proctors, record exam requests, email exam information to the proctor, and email confirmation to the student.
- Process course extensions, withdrawals, and cancellation requests.
- Answer OEL department phone line, answering inquiries. troubleshooting problems, and communicating with students regarding registration and course status.
- Provide front-line phone support to students/customers/clients who need help walking through the online registration system.
- Respond to student emails on a daily basis in the shared departmental email account.
- Support the workplace culture of OEL and TTaDA by demonstrating the professional conduct and values expected of all employees.
- Participate in team meetings and professional development training, perform additional duties as assigned, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet established goals and deadlines in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and planning skills, and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving, sound decision making, and critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to be self-motivated, identify work to be done and work independently as necessary.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers and customers.
- Ability and willingness to work successfully as a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills – both over the telephone and in face-to-face situations.
- Excellent written, typing and spelling skills, including the use of professional grammar.
- Exhibiting a positive attitude and willingness to help people.
- Excellence in customer service.
- At least 4 years of administrative, office/clerical, and customer service experience, OR Associates degree and 2 years of administrative, office/clerical, and customer service experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word and Excel, databases, email, and Internet.
- Experience working with the public
- Successful completion of criminal history records check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Blackboard
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- Experience with Perceptive Content
$35,700 annual, Non-Exempt, Full-Time, BenefitedWork Schedule
Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pmBenefits
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.To Apply
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 11:59PM on the closing date.Additional Information
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.EEO Statement
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.Veteran’s Preference
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.Clery Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.