Costume Shop Manager & Costumer
Macalester College seeks to hire a Costume Shop Manager. This is a full-time (.75FTE) position during the academic year. This role is responsible for the management of the Costume Shop and Costume Inventory; Costume selection and construction and provides supervision of student workers.Responsibilities
- Manages the costume shop and its inventory; supervises and performs costume construction; and serves as costumer. Manages costume budgets and purchases costumes and/or materials for costume construction whenever appropriate and/or in consultation with a production's costume designer. Reviews scripts, attends performance viewings/rehearsals, and collaborates with Theatre and Dance faculty, staff, and guest artists during production meetings.
- Informally teaches and supervises student workers in construction and repair of costumes, and on management and upkeep of a production's wardrobe and THDA's Costume Inventory.
- Contributes to THDA's planning and organization.Contributes to THDA's planning and organization.
- Costume design assignment.
- A minimumof 3 years of exprience in costume construction and rental, the ability to supervise student workers, and collaborate with faculty, staff, and guest artists. Previous work experience as costumer in educational and/or professional theatre. Experience as a costume designer a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates the commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
For best consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage by May 30, 2021. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals.Macalester College - Institutional Overview
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester College has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit Macalester Benefits for more information about what Macalester has to offer its employees.