Assistant Dean of Admissions & Financial Aid, School of Law
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-03
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Leads the Office of Admissions & Financial Aid with supervisory responsibility for professional and student staff.
- Ensures development of professional staff through training and professional development opportunities, and communicates appreciation and opportunities for improvement.
- Cultivates a culture of trust, mutual respect, and accountability among team.
- Oversees all processes, continually auditing operations and implementing improvements when identified.
- Serves on various campus committees, including Diversity & Inclusion, Admissions Committee ex-officio, and BIT/CARE team.
Recruitment Strategy Development and Enrollment Management
- Oversees application development for all programs, ensuring instructions
and questions meet all necessary reporting, accreditation, and leadership expectations.
- Maintains understanding of accreditation standards relating to admissions and enrollment, ensuring all processes and practices are compliant.
- Responsible for development and approval of recruitment plans, including travel, prospect engagement, and building/fostering relationships in support of goals.
- Establishes parameters for Early Decision and Regular Decision processes, including dates, deadlines, and internal processing procedures.
- Manages review and adjudication of all applications in coordination with Admissions Staff and faculty admissions committee, building an entering
class that meets or exceeds all established enrollment and community goals.
- Develops and leads admitted student engagement and communication through matriculation to foster relationships with community and achieve yield.
- Identifies and oversees implementation of opportunities to increase engagement with and build support for diverse prospective applicants (e.g., ethnicity, gender, LGBTQ+, age, work experience, etc.).
- Makes presentations to prospective student groups in person and virtually in support of recruitment efforts.
- Travel as needed to meet office recruitment goals.
Data Management & Reporting
- Builds and maintains robust data analysis models to inform admissions strategy, admissions offers, scholarship levels, and applicant yield analysis.
- Supervises use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and other relevant systems to ensure ongoing data collection with candidates, marketing analysis, and uses resulting data to improve yield.
- Makes regular presentations to law school leadership on current class statistics, yield analysis, expected enrollment targets, and opportunities for engagement.
- Leads completion of annual admission reporting statistics, required disclosures, and other reports on admissions operations.
Scholarships, Financial Aid, and Student Accounts
- Establishes institutional scholarship grid in line with scholarship objectives.
- Publishes non-Merit scholarship application and process to accepted and current students, and works with the Assistant Director of Admissions & Financial Aid and scholarship committee to determine and administer awards.
- Maintains Financial Information section of Student Handbook, including Scholarship Terms and Conditions for all current and prospective students.
- Determines scholarship eligibility in conjunction with Dean of Students.
- Works with Development in the administration of endowed and current use scholarships. Supports the law school financial aid function, ensuring appropriate communication and compliance with Financial Aid standards.
- Oversees communications for student accounts with Student Financial Services, Law School Registrar, and Dean of Students.
Marketing and Candidate Development
- Implements comprehensive marketing strategy in conjunction with Marketing team to build brand awareness and create applicant interest for all programs.
- Creates and implements innovative marketing campaigns and partnerships to build enrollment pipelines and create market interest in programs.
- Oversees Candidate Referral Service reports and ensures appropriate communication to prospects for enrollment engagement.
- Manages review and update of all law admissions webpages and New Student Website in coordination with Information Technology team.
- Provides input and feedback on various new marketing strategies to engage prospective students and improve overall communication strategy.
- May perform additional or other work as assigned.
- Juris Doctor degree plus seven years’ progressive work experience with a minimum of three years’ experience in law admissions, recruiting, enrollment strategy development, and financial aid administration.
- Progressive experience working with and managing international and graduate program enrollment.
- Experience leading and developing teams; developing vision, strategy, and operational objectives.
- Commitment to maintaining a reputation of operational excellence and superior customer service.
- Experience with budgetary oversight, project management, and process improvement.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills, comfortable leading in high-demand environments and presenting to various campus leadership constituencies.
- Proven acuity of data analysis and reporting, using data to substantiate strategy and communicate progress.
- Thrives in a highly automated environment, working out of multiple databases, and learning and leveraging technology to reach solutions and improve processes; demonstrated advanced technical proficiency and experience in Google G Suite, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and admissions/CRM software.
Natural curiosity for learning and demonstrated desire for continuous improvement of self and workplace.
- Large and small event planning experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends during peak times.
- Ability to travel as needed to support the goals of the office.
- Must be able to meet the requirements of the University’s automobile insurance policy.
- Ability to lift and move various objects up to 40 pounds for recruitment and other events.
- Five years’ experience in law school admissions.
- Advanced knowledge of international and online program recruitment strategy and pipeline building.
- Intermediate knowledge of international student support, ability to speak about F-1 Visa processes.
- Advanced proficiency in marketing and marketing strategy.
- Financial Aid and student accounts experience.
Five professional staff members (Director for Graduate & International Programs (50%), Assistant Director for Law Enrollment, Assistant Director of Admissions & Financial Aid, Coordinator for Law Admissions Operations, Administrative Assistant) and student assistants. The Assistant Dean is responsible for the Admissions & Financial Aid budget, review of the Graduate & International programs budget, as well as managing the institutional scholarship budget, and achieving discount rate goals for all programs.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.