Part-Time Faculty Computer, Science, Networking & Cybersecurity Instructor
Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-22
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitlePart-Time Faculty Computer, Science, Networking & Cybersecurity InstructorJob Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Rockville, Takoma Park/Silver Spring, Germantown is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Computer, Science, Networking and Cybersecurity courses. Openings are available for daytime teaching and evening teaching. The position may also require the instructor to teach our college level courses on-site at Montgomery County High Schools to high school students during the day.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
•The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
•The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
•During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
•During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach computer science, networking, cybersecurity courses, including discussion and labs, if needed.
- Conduct assigned classes in accordance with the catalog description, the course syllabi, and the stipulations of the College.
- Be available for student consultation.
- Participate, when possible, in departmental meetings.
- Hold every scheduled class, including the final examination, the full scheduled number of minutes during the scheduled time in the scheduled location.
- Maintain standards of teaching consistent with the standards of the department and the College.
- Submit a copy of the syllabi, along with the course materials, to the department.
- Submit midterm and final grades on time.
- Return final exams to the department.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal computer, please notify the department chair at the time of interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to provide temporary access to resources.
- Demonstrated success in working with diverse populations.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
- Minimum of one semester of teaching experience (Graduate school teaching assistance is acceptable)
- Demonstrated excellence in classroom instruction using a variety of teaching methods.
- Use of technology in instruction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated currency in the discipline.
- Experience in working with students of culturally diverse backgrounds and/or underprepared students.
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission.
- Experience in distance delivery and other instructional methods.
- Online applications must be received by May 6, 2021.
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.Closing DateThursday, May 6, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.