Organizational Development and Comm Spec
Organizational Development and Communications SpecialistUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Organizational Development and Comm SpecLocation:
San Marcos, Other - May work remote on occasionDepartment:
Human ResourcesRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$4,402 - $5,228.27Job Category :
ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
• Experience in internal and external organizational communication initiatives and driving internal marketing and branding projects.
• Ability to introduce creative and innovative ideas and gather diverse insights to produce engaging communications and development initiatives.
• Ability to create needs assessments and develop learning and development opportunities using adult learning principles and instructional design best practices.
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to design and present information clearly, concisely, and creatively.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong skills in web design and content creation.
• Strong presentation skills and experience with applying instructional design best practices.
• Strong creative, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to tailor messages to diverse audiences.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative and excel in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to use different communications channels to create effective and engaging messages.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with teams.
• Strong ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines.
• Effective time and project management skills.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe, InDesign and/or other creative platforms.
• Bachelor’s degree in a communications (marketing, media/journalism, social communication) field and/or an equivalent combination of experience or education.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Advanced proficiency in Adobe Suite (e.g., InDesign, Photoshop, Sign).
• Experience with video content creation and editing.
• Proficiency in Google Analytics.
• Experience with learning management systems, video creation tools, and/or other communications and development platforms (e.g., SF Learning, Vyond, Canvas, etc.).
• Knowledge of GATO, Calico and/or other content management software.
• Experience with coordinating social media.
• Knowledge of general Human Resources principles.
• Knowledge of Texas State policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of Texas State marketing guidelines.
Reporting to the Manager of Organizational Development and Communications, this position is responsible for cultivating Texas State University’s HR brand through marketing and communications initiatives and innovative ideas that inform and engage diverse audiences, and identifying learning needs to create effective training and development opportunities for staff employees.Job Duties:
• Provide expert level communications support by researching, creating and implementing complex communications and development initiatives.
• Proactively partner with the HR team to develop content on multiple platforms and channels that creatively communicates current and/or new internal processes, procedures and services to various audiences.
• Create and deliver HR communications related to benefits, wellness, learning, development, compensation, performance, and the employee experience through storytelling.
• Identify key audiences and guide the design, layout, and content of targeted messages through print and digital publications.
• Create, manage and execute marketing and communications plans that tie with Texas State marketing and branding guidelines.
• Research and identify new marketing and communications opportunities and lead associated projects with guidance from the manager.
• Review, edit and approve accessibility standards on all communications in compliance with copyright and any other applicable laws and regulations.
• Collaborate in the creation, design and maintenance of the HR website and monitor audience engagement.
• Identify, develop and collaborate on current and new learning and development initiatives.
• Create and update training materials based on trainee needs.
• Solicit feedback on HR marketing and communications and make recommendations based on analytics for improvement on the quality, consistency, delivery mechanisms, and overall effectiveness of the efforts.
• Track and analyze metrics through data-driven initiatives to measure effectiveness of current practices.
• Actively seek opportunities to collaborate and cultivate relationships across campuses to understand and address communicational and development needs.
• Deliver coaching and mentoring sessions to employees and/or teams upon request.
• Coordinate and support the creation and implementation of HR events.
• Work closely with HR leadership to assess, plan, develop, and implement marketing and communications strategies to support HR initiatives.
• Provide leadership and supervision to the HR (Communication) Representative.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
04/22/2021Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
05/06/2021Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME, COVER LETTER AND LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION TO YOUR APPLICATION.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.Quick Link: