Heat Vent A/C Mechanic Specialist
Heat Vent A/C Mechanic Specialist🔍Land, Buildings and Real Estate, Stanford, California, United States📁Facilities📅Apr 23, 2021 Post Date📅89282 Requisition #HVAC Mechanic -Specialist
- Under the direction of a lead or supervisor, employees in this classification, HVAC Mechanic Specialist covers a broader range of activity than the HVAC Mechanic.
- Applies a greater degree of technical specialty to HVAC work.
- Responsible for diagnosing HVAC problems independently, and advising HVAC Mechanics on assignments that are more difficult.
- Establish priorities for various phases of their work assignments, requiring little guidance from a Lead or Supervisor
Characteristic DutiesThe duties listed under this section are designed to provide a representative sampling of key tasks and/or responsibilities associated with the job. They are not intended to be a complete list of all the duties performed by employees in the classification.
- Perform complex troubleshooting of HVAC systems, including functional analysis.
- Install, test, troubleshoot, and service all types of industrial HVAC instrumentation and controls including electronic, pneumatic or digital systems.
- Adjust complex HVAC instrumentation and control systems to improve system functionality and energy conservation.
- Accomplish difficult repairs that may involve customizing parts to serve in old systems where replacement parts are no longer available.
- Analyze and maintain diverse HVAC systems at optimal operating efficiency while maintaining energy efficiency.
- Test, adjust, and balance HVAC systems.
- Establish and maintain proactive maintenance of a full range of HVAC systems.
- Respond effectively and expediently to critical repair situations, such as environmental systems that impact research operations.
- Install, modify, troubleshoot, and repair duct systems.
- Support state-of-the-art HVAC systems, requiring specialized and extensive training.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a preventative maintenance system on new and existing equipment as assigned by Supervisor or Lead mechanic.
- May perform specialized functions related to air quality (such as IAQ testing and reporting; or the testing, adjusting, balancing and certifying of laboratory fume hoods).
- May write reports and certification documents.
- May perform any of the duties described in the HVAC Mechanic maintenance specification or other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to safety rule
- In addition to the qualifications for the HVAC Mechanic –Maintenance, the Specialist must have extensive working knowledge of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
- Typically, these positions involve complex trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills that have developed over many years, but they may also require specialized training in emerging HVAC technologies.
- The Specialists require high level testing, adjusting, and balancing (TAB) skills.
- Required to have at least a class III EPA certification, although many jobs will require certification as a Universal Technician
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 8594
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: A40
- Requisition ID: 89282