Maintenance Plumber🔍Land, Buildings and Real Estate, Stanford, California, United States📁Facilities📅Apr 22, 2021 Post Date📅89281 Requisition #Job responsibilities
- Employees in this classification work under the general supervision of the shop lead or supervisor, these employees perform skilled plumbing work at the journeyman level in the repair, assembling, and installation of pipes, fittings, and heating fixtures, gas and water fixtures and drainage systems. Employees in this classification are assigned work by the shop lead or supervisor and carried out by the Maintenance Plumber independently, selecting methods most suitable for the job. Work is spot checked during progress or upon completion.
- Assemble, install and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures for gas, water and sanitary lines, storm drains, toilets, sinks, boilers, heat exchangers valves, pumps, drinking fountains, water stills, hot water heaters etc.Cut and thread pipe. Bend pipe to required angle. Join pipe by use of flanges, fittings, solder, caulking, welding, epoxy cement and diversified materials. • Perform maintenance on plumbing by replacing washers on leaky faucets, mending burst pipes and opening clogged drains. Detect malfunctions in plumbing systems, such as heating hot water, chilled water, process cooling water; shut systems down and makes repairs. Work on glass, plastic, copper, brass, steel and cast iron pipe varying in size. Repair and install cast iron pipe joints with bands or lead caulking.Install and repair gas lines. May do minor plumbing-related welding and brazing. Respond to quick response calls throughout campus using good judgment in assessing problem. Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on pumps/motors. May perform any of the duties described in the Maintenance Plumber –Sewers & Water Mains and Maintenance Plumber – Sewers & Storm Drains specification or other duties as assigned. Adhere to safety rules.
- In addition to the qualifications listed for the Maintenance Plumber - Sewers & Water Drains, the Maintenance Plumber must have sufficient experience in a wide variety of plumber work to occasionally work independently. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a California Noncommercial Class C Driver’s License.Constantly twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp forcefully.Frequently stand/walk, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.Occasionally kneel/crawl, reach/work above shoulders, light/fine grasping tools, lift/carry/pull/push objects greater than 40 pounds with assistance.Rarely climb, perform seated work, - perform desk based work, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts.Occasionally operate foot and/or hand controlled equipment.Ability to perform strenuous and repetitive work.Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.Must have the ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Available to work overtime and may be available for callbacks.May perform work outside in variable weather conditions.Ability to work with various smells/odors that come from grease traps, interceptors and other equipment.May be exposed to high voltage electricity, radiation or electromagnetic fields, noise >80db, allergens/biohazards/chemicals/asbestos.May be required to work in confined spaces and at heights greater than 10 feet.May work in extreme heat and cold temperatures.May work with lab waste systems.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 8406
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: A37
- Requisition ID: 89281