Analyst/Senior Analyst, Enterprise Financial Applications (open rank)
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) Office of the Controller has two job openings available for an Analyst and Senior Analyst of Enterprise Financial Applications.
The Analyst position will design, configure, test, and assist in the implementation and post production support of functional aspects of Oracle based financial software solutions. Requires the ability to assess current university business practices, analyze and understand ERP software applications, and develop solutions to implement best practices for UMB business functions.
The Senior Analyst position will lead or coordinate/facilitate a team in the design, configuration and implementation of functional aspects of enterprise-wide financial application software solutions. This position will have an in-depth understanding of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application configuration options, processes, and data flow. Requires the ability to assess current campus business practices and develop solutions to implement best practices for campus business functions related to enterprise financial systems. This may entail working with campus users to draft new business processes and/or developing functional specifications for enhancements to the enterprise-wide application software. Typical duties also include acting as a liaison to campus community, monitoring critical business activities, troubleshooting and resolving complex issues.
These positions will be filled as either the Enterprise Financial Applications Analyst or the Senior Enterprise Financial Applications Analyst based on the chosen candidate's qualifications.
UMB offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to eligible employees. This position receives an annual leave package starting with 22 accrued vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days, and 3 personal days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; professional learning and development opportunities; flexible schedules and teleworking options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. Primary Duties:
• Act as a liaison between application users and technical team to address issues and recommend solutions. Provide functional support of the production ERP application by working directly with end users.
• Monitor critical business activities, troubleshoot and resolve issues and escalate complex matters to the appropriate functional and/or technical resources. Assist in managing outstanding Service and Enhancement Request with the Oracle Support Group.
• Gather business requirements from users to create functional design specifications to enhance functionality of the ERP application, including ad-hoc/operational reports and/or batch processes.
• Assess business practices and requirements and analyze current software functionality to evaluate available solutions and present findings to applicable team. Document new business processes and/or configuration changes to the software.
• Create and execute test plans, evaluate results, and document new features for system enhancements and periodic software patches.
• Assist with design and testing of analytics solution related to ERP data.
• Perform similar duties for third-party solutions that integrate with the ERP system.
• Perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the duties listed above, the Senior Analyst will also:
• Provide functional support of the production ERP application by working directly with end users.
• Facilitate meetings with functional staff, technical staff and campus community to troubleshoot issues and design and implement resolutions.
• Document system processes and data flow for application modules.
• Independently troubleshoot complex issues with the applications processing and/or configurations and coordinates resolution through Oracle’s Application Support Group via Service Requests and/or Enhancement Requests.
• Independently create, execute and manage test plans and evaluates results against expected outcomes to ensure system integrity and document new features for system enhancements and periodic software patches.
• Identify system inefficiencies and recommends effective solutions
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Additional degree in Systems Technology is preferred.
The Analyst position requires two (2) years of Oracle ERP (Cloud, PeopleSoft, or EBS in either the Receivables, Billing, Projects, or GL areas) experience as a functional user of or providing functional support to other users of Oracle ERP or two (2) years of experience providing functional support to other users for another enterprise-wide financial system. Related experience may be substituted for minimum education. The Senior Analyst requires four (4) years of Oracle ERP (Cloud, PeopleSoft, or EBS in either the Grants/Awards, Receivables, Billing, Projects, GL, Capital Projects areas) experience as a functional user of or providing functional support to other users of Oracle ERP or (4) years of experience providing functional support to other users for another enterprise-wide financial system. Experience in any Cloud Reporting Software like Oracle Cloud Analytics, Hyperion etc. is a plus.
Other: Both positions designated as an essential employee who may be required to work on non-business days or outside of normal business hours in order to ensure the continuity of operations for information technology services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of position requirements. Knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with others and independently. Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience. UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected] If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected] Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: Financial Services
Job Posting: Apr 23, 2021
Unposting Date: May 14, 2021, 10:59:00 PM