Clinical Research Assistant (Contractual)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Division of Psychiatric Services Research, Study Management Unit as a Clinical Research Assistant. The Unit has received SAMHSA funding for a five year project. The main goals of the project are to provide integrated mental health, substance abuse and HIV/HCV testing and medical care services for African American women at high risk for HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis seeking psychiatric care within a methadone assisted treatment clinic.
This Contractual, Exempt offers a generous benefits package that includes 10 vacation days, 11 personal and holidays, 5 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and supplemental retirement options; and limited tuition remission for employees enrolled at UMB. The University of Maryland, Baltimore was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine. (Feb 2021) This is a Contractual position. Essential Functions
- Collect data by conducting research interviews with project participants. This includes screening and recruiting subjects for research studies. The RA will collect baseline and follow-up data from subjects including verification of eligibility; obtaining consent and enrollment; assuring accurate demographic information for follow-up.
- Coordinate study recruitment; monitor interviewers and procures; establish and maintain database files and report on progress of programs, studies, and/or projects.
- Perform administrative duties such as: providing training and guidance to interviewers, assisting in developing and submitting grants, papers, abstracts, manuscripts and presenting studies, developing protocol manuals and data collection instruments; participating in field visits, responding to requests and questions from individuals, institutions, government agencies, and funding agencies, and participating in the design of research studies.
- Duties will include travel to various clinics throughout the Maryland area and/or other travel as needed to liaison with clinic personnel and to recruit, screen, consent & interview research subjects.
- May be required to perform telephone interviews, clean & code and enter data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree in Psychology, Sociology, or other social science field and experience in research.
Preferred: Masters degree in a related field and previous research experience working with adults suffering from severe mental illness (ie schizophrenia)
Other: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess excellent organizational, writing, and verbal skills. Knowledge and skill using technology associated with smartphones and web based interventions.
The hiring range for this position is in the low $40,000s, commensurate with education and experience.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected] Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Psychiatry
Job Posting: Apr 22, 2021
Unposting Date: May 6, 2021, 10:59:00 PM