Director, Justice & Health Equity
Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Operations or designee, the Director of Justice and Health Equity oversees strategic design, implementation, operations, training and evaluation of health equity efforts in the context of the Health and Criminal Justice Program’s population health initiatives. Develops, evaluates and directs the implementation of program-wide strategy, policy and systems to ensure compliance with the Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) and Public Safety and Security (EOPSS). Provides guidance on justice and health equity objectives within the Health and Criminal Justice business lines; coordinates and evaluates delivery of human service, public health and health care services.
The Director will directly support program-wide strategic initiative on health equity for justice involved populations. Responsible for guiding the design of and implementing this strategy. An integral part of this role is to foster strong relationships and advocacy with key leadership within local, state and federal executive agencies and other community partners, as required. In addition, an important part of this role is ensuring strong coordination and collaboration across internal departments and stakeholders. This role is pivotal in building and executing a Medicaid strategy to ensure expansion of Medicaid services with an emphasis on addressing health disparities for justice involved populations. Serves as the subject matter expert who will work collaboratively with our clients and other key stakeholders.Responsibilities
- Serving as liaison, coordinates and collaborates with Executive Office of Health and Human Services, Executive Office of Public Safety and Security, Department of Correction, Department of Youth Services, Parole Board, Probation Services, as well as county sheriffs’ offices and the Massachusetts Sheriffs Association on initiatives to impact health disparities at a population level.
- Ensures that efforts addressed at improving health equity, reducing disparities, and improving cultural competence are designed collaboratively with our Executive State Agency partners to have a collective impact for the population and that lessons learned are incorporated into future decision-making.
- Collaborates on initiatives requested by Mass Health to help improve services that are accessible to those that have been justice involved so they may improve community tenure and decrease recidivism.
- Formulates strategies for the evaluation and continuous quality improvement of systems, policies and operational processes related to inclusion and equity to health care for underserve populations including those reentering the community post-incarceration.
- Assesses organizational needs and develops and implements management tools and operational processes to assure appropriate, equitable and high-quality delivery of human service, public health and health care services to all.
- Provides consultative input and strategic direction to HCJ, EOPSS, and EOHHS leadership in operationalization of the state Medicaid services for justice involved populations including attention to: leadership; institutional policies and procedures; data collection and analysis; community engagement; language and communication access; and cultural competence, for both program services as well as operational functions such as operations, care delivery, communications and training. Provides information, resources, education, training, coaching and technical assistance to support implementation.
- Develops strategies, resources, partnerships and initiatives to address disparate health and human service needs and to promote diversity, inclusion and equity across social determinant of health domains in collaboration with key administrators across state agencies, and regional, local and community partners for effective community engagement across HCJ program areas.
- Supports coordinated business development strategies with a strong emphasis on program health equity and justice efforts.
- Drives projects to meet goals and objectives for long term success and sustainability
- Build internal and external expertise driving best practice and innovation
- Provide effective and timely communication and elevate critical risks to program leadership
- Leads the development and implementation of the program’s health equity initiatives, consistent with the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Ensures the integrity of the UMass contractual relationship through close coordination with our clients and other key stakeholders
- Protects the ideals of the program, the wellbeing of the populations served and the interests of UMMS and aids in the advancement of UMMS as a leader in correctional and institutional medicine
- A bachelors degree or equivalent experience, including at least 5 years correctional healthcare experience.
- Relevant experience working with state and federal government entities.
- Strong working knowledge of Mass Health and coverage as it relates to incarcerated or detained individuals.
- Strong knowledge of correctional healthcare delivery systems and their policy development
- Experience with reentry initiatives with individuals who were incarcerated
- Demonstrated experience working with complex organizations.
- Ability to multitask on large projects with multiple deliverables.
- Set clear priorities, goals and expectations and provide timely, constructive and balanced feedback in holding staff members accountable
- Delegate effectively, empower team members and flex style when faced with diverse teams; understand and effectively manage complex group dynamics and diverse perspectives
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable, high- quality, timely and cost-effective results
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to changing environmental priorities
- Supports other team members by prioritizing and altering daily routines to complete assignments
- Participates in cross functional teams and works effectively with employees from diverse backgrounds
- Produces a consistently high volume of work that also meets quality standards
- Applies effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills when responding to clients
- Treats all internal and external clients with respect and courtesy
- Understands the needs and expectations of diverse clients and anticipates how to fulfill them
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and competence when interacting with clients, fellow employees, and guests
- Takes personal responsibility applying proactive, solution focused approaches in responding to client needs