Survey Data Analyst / Biostatistician, Ii
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the department head or designee, the Survey Data Analyst/Biostatistician II will assist in the statistical analyses, sampling, survey programming, and data management for multiple survey research projects undertaken by the Office of Survey Research (OSR). Also assist in the planning, design, review and implementation of all analytic and programming activities at OSR.Responsibilities
- Assist in the design and maintain databases for storage and retrieval of research data. Write computer programs to combine data from separate computer files to allow comparison of data from different sources.
- Evaluate and implement, quantitative and qualitative (experimental and non-experimental), research designs in standard APA format.
- Collaborate with program staff on the design and analysis of biostatistics aspects of research protocols including developing objectives, design sampling, randomization, and data collection procedures.
- Support the creation of SAS/SPSS applications in support of research projects.
- Create project statements
- Participate in the design of questionnaires and interview forms.
- Analyze data in collaboration with senior statisticians beginning with univariate and multivariate analyses such as logistic regression and factor analysis for research studies.
- Assume primary responsibility for the analysis and written presentation of project data at all stages, from collection to final presentation, for consistency and quality
- Provide tabular and written summaries of analyses in a form suitable for inclusion in project deliverables as well as media for presentation at project meetings.
- Collect the interpretation and assist in the creation of study results in collaboration with faculty members, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, and project team members.
- Prepare non-standard correspondence and minutes that require public scrutiny.
- Support the interpretation and assist in the creation of study results in collaboration with faculty members, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, and project team members.
- Responsible For content expertise and writing selected sections of project final reports; participates in the editing of reports; responsible for the execution and production of presentation-ready final project deliverables.
- Master's degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology, or equivalent experience
- 0-1 year health-related research experience (preferably in biostatistics or epidemiology) participating in project management and/or relevant experience in research and evaluation projects. This experience may be concurrent with satisfying degree requirements, but must include scientific research data analysis and database management.
- Knowledge of PC database construction, especially MS Access Database Programming.
- Working knowledge of SAS, SPSS statistical packages.
- Strong communication skills, both the oral and written necessary to interact with state and national counterparts, internal and external senior management, project team members and study participants.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
Preferred Qualifications - Experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
- Experience with survey sampling statistics and methodology.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical analyses of survey data.
- Experience in programming a survey software system, particularly for multiple modes of data collection (including programming for data entry, computer assisted telephone interviewing, and web surveys).
- Experience manipulating and cleaning datasets.