Clinical Assistant Professor in Physical Therapy
The Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Rhode Island invites applications for a 12-month, non-tenure-track Clinical Assistant Professor in physical therapy, with an expertise in both clinic management and teaching that complements the mission of the Department, College, and University. The position start date is July 01, 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter. The Department is located within the College of Health Sciences and is part of the University’s Academic Health Collaborative, which also includes the Colleges of Pharmacy and Nursing, and the Institute for Integrated Health and Innovation. The Department is recognized for excellence in teaching, service, professional leadership, scholarship, international opportunities for students, strong clinical education partners, and our on-site clinic. Annually, a cohort of 32 students are accepted and taught by a dedicated and experienced faculty. The Program received full, 10-year CAPTE re-accreditation in 2016.
The Department, College, and University recognize that the field of physical therapy needs to be strengthened by contributions from a broad range of perspectives. The Department of Physical Therapy is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and seeks to serve as a representative inspiration for the next generations. As such, we particularly welcome candidates from groups that are historically underrepresented, marginalized, and/or excluded in the field of physical therapy who will support the mission of both URI and the Department of Physical Therapy to expose students to different perspectives. Candidates will demonstrate a commitment to inclusivity to enhance a sense of belonging and academic success among undergraduate students from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will be expected to: actively contribute to teaching efforts of the Department; manage and supervise the on-site outpatient physical therapy clinic; and provide service to the Department, College, University, and/or the profession. In addition, individuals are encouraged to apply who will support the Department’s commitment to interprofessional education, collaborative teaching, and student engagement in leadership and community outreach.
1. Eligible for physical therapist licensure in Rhode Island.
2. DPT or tDPT degree.
3. Current Board certification in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy.
4. Demonstrated teaching ability that complements existing DPT curriculum.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in oral communication skills.
6. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
7. Demonstrated record of teaching and/or advising diverse student populations, or providing physical therapy services to a diverse population.
8. Current membership in the APTA.
1. Demonstrated experience in graduate teaching of Anatomy and/or Physical Evaluation.
2. Demonstrated experience in managing or supervising an outpatient physical therapy clinic.
3. Demonstrated professional involvement at the state, national, and/or international level.
4. Completed Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency training.
5. Completed, or within one year of completion of Fellowship training.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY
ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
Visit the URI jobs website at: https://jobs.uri.edu to apply and view more complete details for job posting (F00237). Please attach the following three (3) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application: (#1) Cover letter/Letter of Application. (#2) Curriculum Vitae. (#3) Other – References – names and contact information of three professional references.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by May 31, 2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by June 28, 2021. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (June 28, 2021) may not be given full consideration.
Applications must be submitted online only.
The University of Rhode Island is an AA/EEOD employer. Women, persons of color, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other protected groups are encouraged to apply.