Senior Communications Specialist
The SCS will develop and update this site, as well as promote and evaluate its use by different campus constituencies. Other key functions of the job include:
Senior Communications Specialist
Job ID: 2021-12646
# of Openings: 1
Category: Communications and Public Relations
The Senior Communications Specialist (SCS) for the Princeton Institute for International and Regional Studies (PIIRS) will manage a new integrated international website, International Princeton, scheduled to go live in the summer of 2021. The site will showcase campus-wide news relating to Princeton's international activity; the resources of the university's Global Safety and Security unit; and a new planning tool for undergraduates, the Global Arc (a tool to navigate and evaluate the many different international programs, courses, and experiential opportunities that Princeton offers).
- Developing and implementing a communications strategy for Princeton's international communications;
- Creating and sustaining a campus-wide network of communications professionals to generate and coordinate internationally themed content for the new website;
- Producing, editing, and generating content both for the new website and for the annual Princeton International magazine;
- Ensuring effective cooperation and consultation with all major campus offices promoting international activity and with the University’s Office of Communications.
- Developing and implementing a content strategy for Princeton international communications, focused on the new website and digital media.
- Writing and editing content for the new site and disseminating the content, as appropriate, via social media. Ensuring all content on the site is current, accurate, and responsible to user feedback.
- Producing quarterly reports of website and social media metrics.
- Soliciting and engaging a group of communications professionals within departments, offices, and units across the Princeton campus responsible for generating content related to international activity, with a view to optimizing publicity for all such material and curating selected content for the new integrated site.
- In conjunction with the magazine's editorial team, generate and curate content for the annual Princeton International magazine (in both print and digital forms).
- Maintaining regular liaison with communications managers in PIIRS and the Office of International Programs (OIP) and with the University’s Office of Communications.
- Acting as the site administrator for the new website and regularly checking that all imported data migrations are on time and accurate.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, English, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a communications or related role.
- Demonstrated editing and writing experience, with the ability to edit for grammar, spelling, accuracy, format, and tone.
- Exceptional judgment and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of Drupal CMS and Google Analytics or other web analytics services.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both individuals and teams.
- Master's degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, English, or a related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in a communications or related role.
- Project management experience, particularly in relation to projects involving multiple organizations, offices, or departments.
- Experience of working in the tertiary education sector.