Graduate Business Career Development Manager
Posting #: 3375
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: School of Business, Administrator
Graduate Business Career Development Manager; School of BusinessPosting #
The University of San Diego School of Business embraces a stewardship approach to business education. Stewardship requires businesses to protect and care for society in pursuit of a greater good. The USD School of Business community of faculty, staff, students, and graduates, embrace stewardship by applying values-driven, free-enterprise skills to improve businesses, industries, and the lives of people in our community and around the world.
Looking forward, the Knauss Center for Business Education will be the physical home for the USD School of Business, and more important, the mortar that binds us together is our unique competitive advantage as we deliver a rich, holistic student experience, crafted with a higher purpose in mind, for all the greater good. See our progress: https://horizon.sandiego.edu/knauss-center.University Description:
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.Detailed Description:
The Graduate Business Career Development Manager serves the Student Success Center by providing career planning and coaching assistance to students in the graduate business programs. This includes advising students on a one-to-one basis, conducting personalized outreach and follow-up, developing and implementing placement strategies for students, and the creation and facilitation of career development workshops, all to further the national and international career goals of the students.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support graduate students in developing, refining, and implementing an appropriate and realistic job search strategy.
- Provide feedback and coaching to students on their resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles.
- Support the planning and development of career orientation days for all incoming cohorts.
- Manage appointment scheduling, log appointment details, and maintain coaching notes.
- Track students’ career interests and maintain regular communication to ensure that each student is following career search best practices and proactively networking with the business community.
- Manage the career development process for graduate international students, including career coaching and developing appropriate educational programs.
- Provide coaching on the internship and job search process for both domestic and international opportunities, working closely with the Office of International Students and Scholars on issues related to work visas.
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating required career development programs, which includes tracking student progress and participation.
- Administer career assessments, as needed, to help students identify unique interests and design personalized career action plans.
- Research industry trends and opportunities affecting hiring and provide information to students.
- Assist in developing and updating resources and handouts for students.
- Benchmark other programs to stay current on career services offerings and trends.
- Assist in gathering and tracking of student intern and employment data for MBA CSEA reporting and other surveys.
- Maintain familiarity with all graduate programs at the School of Business.
- Develop knowledge of degree requirements, scheduling, and other aspects of graduate business programs in order to effectively assist in all student service activities.
- Assist with special projects, as needed, to enhance academic programs and related activities at the School of Business.
- Assist students with problem identification, goal setting, and strategy development when they experience challenges negatively impacting academic, social, and personal areas including students who are academically disqualified or identified by faculty, administrators, staff, and advisors.
Other duties as assignedJob Requirements:
Minimum Qualifications:● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with preference given to business or related field
● 3 years of experience in programming, student services, career services or other related work
Preferred Qualifications:● Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with preference given to business or related field
● 3+ year of experience in program management, student services and/or career services in higher education
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of and experience with:
● Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ACT!) and experience with career services-related software (i.e., MonsterTrak)
● Ability to work with senior level industry executives as well as broad range of undergraduate and graduate students
● Career coaching principles and strategies
● Career services trends and best practices
● Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Experience with program planning/administration
● Computers and software, including Handshake/CRMs, MS Word, Excel, etc.
Demonstrated performance in:
● Self-starter, strong sense of initiative and accountability.
● Positive attitude, outgoing personality, comfortable working with industry executives from junior to senior levels.
● Excellent interpersonal, emotional intelligence and organizational skills
● Public speaking and workshop facilitation
● Report and presentation writing
● Strong verbal/writing/computer skills especially in web-based technology.
● Time management and organization of multi-tasking work requirements
● Working with others from different cultures and countries
● Working independently, using good judgment, initiative and creativity
● Being flexible and versatile in coping with evolving work situations
● Ability to assume responsibility and effectively resolve problems
Tools & Equipment Used:
Computer, telephone, fax, and other related office equipment.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.Posting Salary:
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]Additional Details:
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. 8:30-5pm, M-F; Compressed work schedule option available.
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: April 23, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled