Posting #: 3287
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: School of Business, Administrator
Creative Manager; School of BusinessPosting #
The University of San Diego School of Business embraces a stewardship approach to business education. Stewardship requires businesses to protect and care for society in pursuit of a greater good. The USD School of Business community of faculty, staff, students, and graduates, embrace stewardship by applying values-driven, free-enterprise skills to improve businesses, industries, and the lives of people in our community and around the world.
Looking forward, the Knauss Center for Business Education will be the physical home for the USD School of Business, and more important, the mortar that binds us together is our unique competitive advantage as we deliver a rich, holistic student experience, crafted with a higher purpose in mind, for all the greater good. See our progress: https://horizon.sandiego.edu/knauss-center.University Description:
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.Detailed Description:
This recruitment is open to current University of San Diego employees only. Only current USD employees are eligible to apply and be considered for this position.
The Creative Manager is responsible for leading the School of Business team of designers in conceptualizing and creating digital and print pieces for the School of Business brand campaigns and its centers and institutes based on requests from internal teams. The Manager leads all video creation for the School of Business brand, coordinating with University Marketing and Communications and external vendors in ensuring videos reinforce the School’s brand pillars and tell its unique and differentiated story. The Creative Manager is also responsible for overseeing the creative copy development, leads photoshoots on behalf of the School of Business, and approves all designs created in-house by the different departments and centers ensuring they are aligned with our brand standards USD’s visual identity, messaging platform and brand standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creative Direction for School of Business initiatives and marketing campaigns
- Responsible for working with external creative teams in defining the creative vision for all brand campaigns, advertising assets and marketing messages – working with external designers to develop campaign visuals for brochures, flyers, ads, billboards, etc. and with the internal marketing team to ensure visuals achieve the school’s marketing objectives
- Mentors/leads the creative teams (designers, photographers, creative writers, videographers) guiding them in the development of marketing materials for centers and institutes as well as other departments within the School, ensuring they follow our brand standards and position our brand correctly
- Supports Product Marketing Specialists with any creatives needed for product related marketing campaigns and approves all small design pieces created in-house by the PMS
- Ensures visuals, messaging, and interactive elements of a project are property aligned with the creative vision and brand standards
- Ensures the execution of creative work stays within budget and delivered/finalized on time
- Designs basic images for social media campaigns and email marketing campaigns using Canva and other basic design tools
- Works closely with the Director of Brand Marketing and Creative to brainstorm ideas and improve upon existing concepts and designs, based on goals related to marketing outcomes and usability best practices
- Video and Photo Production, Direction and Management
- Leads video shoots writing storyboards, directing the shoots, guiding videographers, etc.
- Serves as the lead in-house consultant and project manager for all School of Business video projects from concept to completion; defines scope and obtains pertinent project details for timely production and targeted messaging within budget
- Coordinates and directs the execution of creative photographic assignments for advertising, news, publicity, and/or technical use
- Ensures photo/video output created by external vendors is edited to meet brand standards, and uploads assets to WebDam archive, Google Drive, website, YouTube, and other USD video and photo distribution platforms accordingly
- Creative Copywriting and Storytelling
- Produces and edits stories, videos, vlogs, and other multimedia pieces for multiple platforms including print, electronic, social media, and broadcast to increase awareness of USD School of Business’ mission, faculty thought leadership, and illustrate the case for philanthropic support of the School and its programs, initiatives, and priorities
- With strategies developed by the Director of Brand Marketing and Creative and the Assistant Dean of Marketing and Recruitment, the CS promotes faculty research, student success, special achievements, select events, and video press releases
- Generates original copy ideas that speak to our various target audiences
- Develops a variety of creative content for flyers, brochures, webpages in collaboration with external partners and other members of the marketing team
- Manages and maintains digital asset database on Google Drive, YouTube and Flickr
- Manages and maintains department collateral and equipment (pull up posters, branded tablecloths, digital camera, inventory of flyers and brochures, etc.) for use by School of Business staff/admin/faculty
- Archives all video and photography marketing inventory, maintains and archives digital files of all broadcast and visual media, prepares and manages assets when appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field from an accreditation college or university
- 3 years of work experience in marketing, videography, media relations or related field
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of work experience in marketing, videography, media relations or related field
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of and experience with:
- Familiarity with best practices in marketing and communication, brand messaging and ability to translating that understanding into successful strategic marketing communications
- Experience in video editing, directing and creation
- Experience coordinating and directing the execution of creative photographic assignments for advertising, news, publicity, and/or technical use; experience with live broadcast operations preferred.
- Experience coordinating and directing the execution of print and digital marketing collateral
- Experience in producing copy for digital, print and broadcast channels
- Fluency with video development/editing programs. Experience working in Adobe Premiere Pro and with mobile editing software like iMovie and similar editing programs is preferred.
- Ability to think critically, anticipate potential needs and propose innovative solutions to office and team activities
- Exceptional at following directions and executing within deadlines
- Proficiency in Canva, video production, photoshoots, etc.
- Basic graphic design skills for email and print marketing
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Reliable, dependable professional who can maintain confidentiality
Demonstrated performance in:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute production schedules from concept through completion.
- Demonstrated ability in video shooting and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in busy environment with high customer service standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required as well as exceptional critical listening and thinking skills. Command of the English language, including AP writing style, and standard grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, and proofreading skill.
- Ability to write effectively for the web.
- Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to work independently or as an active, productive member of a team.
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds
Tools & Equipment Used:
Tools and equipment used include: computer, fax, printer, scanner, copy equipment, telephone, and digital camera.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.Posting Salary:
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Resume Required, Cover Letter Preferred Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. You are also strongly recommended to upload a cover letter to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected] If you are a current School of Business employee, please upload the completed Statement of Interest form in lieu of a cover letter. If you are a current USD employee, outside the School of Business, or an external candidate a cover letter is requested.Additional Details:
Hours: 37.5; Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm; Compressed work schedule option available.
Closing date: May 7, 2021
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: April 23, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: May 07, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time