Senior Program Coordinator
Posting #: 3338
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: School of Business, Staff
Senior Program Coordinator; School of BusinessPosting #
The University of San Diego School of Business embraces a stewardship approach to business education. Stewardship requires businesses to protect and care for society in pursuit of a greater good. The USD School of Business community of faculty, staff, students, and graduates, embrace stewardship by applying values-driven, free-enterprise skills to improve businesses, industries, and the lives of people in our community and around the world.
Looking forward, the Knauss Center for Business Education will be the physical home for the USD School of Business, and more important, the mortar that binds us together is our unique competitive advantage as we deliver a rich, holistic student experience, crafted with a higher purpose in mind, for all the greater good. See our progress: https://horizon.sandiego.edu/knauss-center.University Description:
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.Detailed Description:
The Senior Program Coordinator plays an integral role in the successful operation of academic programs. The Senior Coordinator supports academic logistics as well as co/extracurricular activities of the programs within an academic program suite. The position is the main point of contact for student services and coordinates multiple program operations, including catering, room reservations, and the coordination of materials for classes and events. The Senior Coordinator collaborates with other School of Business employees and across academic program suites to improve student retention and support overall retention goals. The position will also support co/extracurricular activities within their assigned academic program suite including student organizations and club activities. The program coordinator must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask during busy times in the office. The program coordinator is required to work some evenings and weekends to accommodate the schedules of various student classes and co/extracurricular activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Academic and Student Support
- Support all administrative functions relative to student learning for the assigned academic program suite, to include course material and meal ordering - as applicable, timely syllabi solicitation from faculty or other related functions essential for successful course completion.
- Distributes announcements and reminders to applicable students and maintains student and degree program calendars.
- Ensure student requests/needs are addressed/responded to in a timely manner.
- Work as a liaison between students and the University financial aid office; student accounts; registrar and One Stop offices and maintain good working relationships with key personnel within student services related departments on campus.
- Assist with student financial aid, scholarship and employer tuition benefit processing.
- If appropriate, assist with student course registration and enrollment verification letters.
- Ensure classrooms are set-up and broken down appropriately.
- Coordinate logistics of the Graduate Assistantship program including working with faculty members on opportunities, outreach with Human Resources, providing an orientation for participating students, creating and sending evaluations to students and faculty, and completing the Department Award Form, etc.
- Event Coordination
- Coordinate all requirements for assigned academic program suite including venue reservations, catering, AV requirements, parking and materials coordination for student orientations, graduation activities, and other on- and off-site events.
- Track RSVPs for events.
- Assist with on-site set-up, implementation and break-down of events.
- General Administrative Support
- Reconciles invoices for students, faculty and staff and tracks departmental budgets. ● Coordinates alumni involvement as needed.
- Provides supervision and mentoring for Federal Work Study students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accreditation college or university
- 2 years of administrative or customer service work experience in a business environment
- 3+ years of relevant experience in supporting student services in an academic program and/or advising students in a higher education institution
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of and experience with:
- Experience with database maintenance preferred.
- Experience working with web-based technologies, specifically BlackBoard, Google Docs and/or Dreamweaver preferred.
- Experience working in a university environment preferred.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures preferred.
- Ability to work with students and faculty, as well as business executives outside the campus community.
Demonstrated performance in:
- Demonstrated experience in providing high quality face-to-face services to customers/students.
- Demonstrated experience in event coordination.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications, emotional intelligence and time management skills.
- Experience in resolving complex problems in a dynamic work environment.
- Must be responsive and exercise great attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently, taking initiative and setting priorities with multiple projects and deadlines in an environment with constantly evolving office procedures and goals.
- Reliable individual who works effectively as part of a team.
Tools & Equipment Used:
Tools and equipment used include: computer, fax, printer, scanner, copy equipment, telephone, and digital camera.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.Posting Salary:
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]
Interdisciplinary programs currently requiring coordination needs are MBA, MS in Executive Leadership and MS in Global Leadership but may change in the future as School needs change.
If you are a current School of Business employee, please upload the completed Statement of Interest form in lieu of a cover letter. If you are a current USD employee, outside the School of Business, or an external candidate a cover letter is requested.Additional Details:
Hours: 37.5; Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm; Compressed work schedule option available.
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: April 23, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled