Director of Brand Marketing and Creative
Posting #: 3289
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: School of Business, Administrator
Director of Brand Marketing and Creative; School of BusinessPosting #
The University of San Diego School of Business embraces a stewardship approach to business education. Stewardship requires businesses to protect and care for society in pursuit of a greater good. The USD School of Business community of faculty, staff, students, and graduates, embrace stewardship by applying values-driven, free-enterprise skills to improve businesses, industries, and the lives of people in our community and around the world.
Looking forward, the Knauss Center for Business Education will be the physical home for the USD School of Business, and more important, the mortar that binds us together is our unique competitive advantage as we deliver a rich, holistic student experience, crafted with a higher purpose in mind, for all the greater good. See our progress: https://horizon.sandiego.edu/knauss-center.University Description:
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.Detailed Description:
The Director of Brand Marketing and Creative has the primary responsibility for establishing, integrating and managing the brand of the USD School of Business, enhancing the reputation, promotion and visibility of the School to national and international audiences, and leading a team of marketing and communications professionals in achieving the school’s goals and objectives.
The Director works closely with the Assistant Dean of Marketing and Recruitment, the School’s Centers of Distinction on strategies that position and promote the School, its initiatives, students, alumni, programs and centers and with University Marketing and Communications. The Director is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and enforcing the USD School of Business’ visual identity standards, brand toolkits and messaging platforms USD’s visual identity standards, brand toolkits and messaging platforms within the School of Business.
The Director assists the Assistant Dean of Marketing and Recruitment in developing and executing large School of Business brand marketing campaigns as well as lead generation strategies for the school’s academic programs. The Director also provides support for dean communications, fundraising and special campaign materials, donor proposals, centers collateral, and special events programming, including print, video, email, social media, and talking points or scripting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Establish, Integrate and Manage the School of Business Brand and Creative Strategy:
● Lead, develop and implement a School of Business brand guide for messaging, content consistency and branding standards.
● Develop brand marketing priorities, ensuring that all campaigns, new programs or initiatives launches are well-marketed to our target consumers in all prioritized channels and markets.
● Articulate and document School of Business positioning, brand promise and associated value propositions for all SB stakeholders (current and prospective) for both the SB and individual programs within the SB.
● Central source of expertise and advice on brand related activities.
● Guide the design and review of all print collateral materials, website stories, press releases, email communications, webpages design, etc. to ensure USD and the School of Business brand standards are applied.
● Ensure brand consistency and alignment across the School’s programs and initiatives.
● Oversee production of all brand photoshoots and videos; also supervise the website redesigns and website maintenance/continuous growth and content developed.
● Create and execute creative and high impact marketing initiatives to enhance the visibility and reputation of the School of Business brand.
● Exercise skill, storytelling, and creativity to bring new School of Business initiatives to life while ensuring alignment with the overall brand.
● Lead a highly functional School of Business marketing team that supports, manages and oversees collateral development, video production, website development, media relations, website development, etc. for the School’s centers and institutes, as well as high-level events, fundraising campaigns, alumni outreach and more.
School of Business Visibility and Reputation Management:
● Serve as the primary point of contact for the development and execution of media plans associated with the School of Business brand marketing plan.
● Serve as the liaison to internal team members as well as external consultants, firms or vendors who are executing elements of the School of Business overall brand marketing plan and PR strategy.
● Assist the Assistant Dean of Marketing and Recruitment in executing and revising program specific lead generation marketing campaigns.
● Collaborate with other members of the University Marketing and Communications team, University Advancement colleagues, and members of the campus community to increase the visibility of School of Business strategic initiatives, thought leadership, new programs and student/alumni success.
● Provide support for dean level communications.
● Oversee School of Business PR strategy and measurement along with agency partners.
● Track and use data to evaluate the success of brand initiatives and leverage these insights to inform future strategy.
Market Analysis, Campaigns Performance Tracking and Analytics:
● Establish metrics and measure brand campaigns effectiveness, media reach, website traffic and lead conversions, SEO performance, social media exposure and other KPIs.
● Benchmark brand’s campaigns performance and track results.
● Oversee periodical brand refresh, validating brand positioning, target consumers, and competitive set as a result of thorough performance analysis and market trends.
● Ensure the completion of market analysis and monitors the competitive landscape to ensure the competitive advantage and differentiated positioning of the School of Business brand and its programs.
●Other duties as assigned.Job Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with preference given to business, marketing or related field
● 5 years of experience in leadership roles in marketing, brand development or related field.
● Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with preference given to business, marketing, or related field.
● 5+ years of experience in higher education marketing, branding or related field
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of and experience with:
● Ability to execute on a content and brand marketing strategy
● Experience in managing creative production teams
● Experience building and executing innovative marketing strategies to grow revenue, brand awareness, and consideration
● Understanding of consumer marketing mix and customer journey mapping
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work well with others in a team environment and under deadline pressure
● Detail oriented and able to prioritize, multitask and complete a variety of projects.
● Have strong initiative and ability to complete assignment without close supervision
● Computers and software (including MS Word, Access or other databases, Internet, Web, etc.)
Demonstrated performance in:
● Ability to build a differentiated brand around the specific needs of a target audience
● Expert storyteller with data and insights for both internal and external audiences
● Leading the positioning and launching of products, programs or initiatives
● Supervisory experience
● Being comfortable in working with others from different cultures and countries
● Exercising self-initiative and creativity
● Be able to function with the highest degree of autonomy
● Time management and organization of multi-tasking work requirements
● Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing
● Working independently using good judgment, initiative and creativity
● Being able to handle the stress of last-minute deadlines and changes
● Ability to assume responsibility and effectively resolve problems by exercising independent judgment
● Interacting with faculty, academic administrators and students
Tools & Equipment Used: Computer, telephone, fax, and other related office equipment.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.Posting Salary:
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]Additional Details:
Hours: 37.5 (8:30-5pm, M-F; Compressed work schedule option available.)
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: April 23, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled