Student Success Specialist
Posting #: 3298
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: School of Business, Staff
Student Success Specialist; School of BusinessPosting #
The University of San Diego School of Business embraces a stewardship approach to business education. Stewardship requires businesses to protect and care for society in pursuit of a greater good. The USD School of Business community of faculty, staff, students, and graduates, embrace stewardship by applying values-driven, free-enterprise skills to improve businesses, industries, and the lives of people in our community and around the world.
Looking forward, the Knauss Center for Business Education will be the physical home for the USD School of Business, and more important, the mortar that binds us together is our unique competitive advantage as we deliver a rich, holistic student experience, crafted with a higher purpose in mind, for all the greater good. See our progress: https://horizon.sandiego.edu/knauss-center.University Description:
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.Detailed Description:
The Student Success Specialist plays an integral role in the overall successful operation of the Center of Student Success. The Specialist supports the Assistant Dean of Student Success in efforts to communicate and implement student-related policies, deliver wellness initiatives, and initiate student outreach in order to provide proactive and student-centric, personalized services. The process empowers business students to identify, pursue and achieve their academic, personal and career ambitions. The Specialist is accountable for updating and maintaining information regarding student academic files, the University course management systems and program-specific listservs. The Specialist must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to prioritize and multitask during busy times in the office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Administrative support for the Assistant Dean for Student Success
- Manage the calendar for the Assistant Dean, as needed
- Support Assistant Dean with special projects as assigned
- Coordinate communication with students on behalf of the Assistant Dean
Record Maintenance/Data Entry
- Maintain and update information for student academic files and records within all appropriate platforms (e.g. Salesforce and Maxient)
- Enter updates to the graduate and undergraduate catalogs through the CAT/CIM system
- Update listservs for the School of Business programs and monitor announcement requests
Student Affairs Support
- Support the Center with all processes related to providing effective, efficient and student-centric services
- Assist students with questions on options and procedures related to academic policies and procedures (e.g. academic integrity, grade grievances, probation and wellness support)
Honors and Recognitions
- Serve in the Honors Convocation Committee to assist with the logistics for Honors Convocation events and coordinating awards for recipients
- Coordinate Beta Gamma Sigma invitations and annual initiation ceremony
- Coordinate invitations for appropriate students to join Beta Alpha Phi
- Assist with the coordination of graduate business and other awards
- Exercise self-initiative by continuously analyzing and improving day-to-day operations and processes
- Use independent judgment to accommodate the needs of the University by determining proper corrective action or by referring the problem to other appropriate personnel
- Maintain and update electronic shared drives to organize and optimize the office’s record keeping of documents related to office functions
- Coordinate with the Registrar, Financial Aid, Student Accounts and other offices regarding academic policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality due to nature of interactions with students, parents, faculty and other School of Business and university personnel
- Maintain a welcoming, student-centric office environment
- Disseminate student scholarship information and coordinate scholarship application submissions and the review process
Other duties as assignedJob Requirements:
Minimum Qualifications:● High school diploma
● 3 years of work experience in business or education in administrative support
Preferred Qualifications:● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Bachelor’s degree can substitute for 2 years of experience
● 3+ years of full-time work experience in high education administration
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of and experience with:
● Experience using CRM tools
● Ability to anticipate potential needs and propose innovative solutions to office and team activities
● Data entry and database management
● Excellent phone etiquette, written and in-person communication skills
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
● Proven ability to work independently without supervision
● Mature, positive attitude and team player
Demonstrated performance in:
● Working with group of diverse individuals
● Emotional intelligence
● Demonstrated experience in providing high quality face-to-face services to customers/students
● Demonstrated capability and interest in learning desktop computer systems, software applications and media production technologies
● Demonstrated ability to work in busy environment with high customer service standards
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
● Demonstrated capability in learning details about USD’s academic programs and policies
● Reliable, dependable professional who can maintain confidentiality
Tools & Equipment Used:
Computer, telephone, fax, copy machine and other related office equipment.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.Posting Salary:
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]Additional Details:
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: April 23, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled