Office Coordinator for System Benefits
Job Title: Office Coordinator for System Benefits
Location: System Office-Atlanta
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226336
The University System of Georgia (USG) is one of the nation’s largest and leading public higher education systems. The USG is committed to creating a more educated Georgia that is prepared for the global, knowledge economy by increasing degree completion, ensuring academic excellence, spurring research and creativity, driving business creation, and making effective and efficient use of resources. The USG will accelerate our state’s higher education commitment to educational attainment, accountability, partnerships, performance, value, and global competitiveness. Our organizational core values are founded upon the principles of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, and Respect.
The University System Office is now accepting applications for an Office Coordinator for System Benefits in the Office of Human Resources. This position is responsible for performing essential tasks to ensure the success of the benefits administrative operations. This position supports the Associate Vice Chancellor, Exec. Director of Benefits, and Benefits Directors and Managers and manages the benefits administrative activities.Responsibilities
- Works with the Associate Vice Chancellor to coordinate benefits team meetings and prepare agenda items and training opportunities for the team.
- Maintains benefits contracts and processes annual renewals according to system office and state procurement rules.
- Prepares monthly invoices for signature and tracks payment to ensure invoices are paid on a timely basis.
- Orders supplies, maintains purchase orders and coordinates with accounts receivable for payment.
- Coordinates internal and external meetings which includes planning, scheduling, ordering food, preparing meetings rooms, setting up technology, preparing documents and taking minutes as needed.
- Prepares presentations for monthly board and advisory committee meetings.
- Drafts internal and external correspondence.
- Provides first line support for benefits questions and benefits calls.
- Maintains the benefits e-mail box and tracks emails to ensure all have been responded to in a timely manner.
- Coordinates travel arrangements as needed
- Maintains benefits files
- Serves as back-up contact for Board meetings preparation
- Associate’s Degree and over three years of related job experience OR an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the necessary knowledge and skills required for this position.
- Must be self-assertive and self-sufficient.
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in MS Office Suite, Skype, Doodle and Survey applications.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be goal oriented.
- Must have strong communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of modern office principles and practices.
- Knowledge of budget management principles.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Skill in analyzing data and preparing reports.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced environment and changing priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.