Manager, Consulting Services
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-22
Leads a team of Consultants supporting multiple service lines and clinical business units, who work with minimal guidance and supervision. Cultivates team expertise, ensures workload balance, and proactively provides general and project-specific guidance as required. Oversees the coordination of project resources and the delivery of business plans, financial pro formas, market analysis, differential analyses and other complex financial/operational analyses. Promotes & models a customer service mindset and cultivates partnerships across the Health System.
- Manages Consultants working directly with service line leaders to create strategic and long range business plans; supports the development of the Medical Center long range financial plan and multi-year capital plan.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of business planning and financial performance for assigned service lines, to include but not limited to staying abreast of market competition, emerging industry trends, legislation, and disruptive technologies.
- Supports key planning and decision-making processes across the organization.
- Manages partnerships with service line leadership to develop strategies and tactics for financial performance improvement; to include financial goal development based on organizational targets and external benchmarks.
- Develops and delivers professional presentations to all levels of leadership and organization governance.
- Willingly adapts to organizational change and models commitment to professional development and continuous improvement.
- Develops the knowledge, skills and abilities of Consultant staff.
- Enables Consultants staff through training, standard work, templates and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree (MBA/MSHA) preferred.
Experience: 3 years progressively more responsible experience required. Additional experience in management consulting at the manager level, or above preferred.
Licensure: None required. CGMA and/or PMP preferred
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.