Student Recruitment Coord, Sr
Job Title: Student Recruitment Coord, Sr
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 605369
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
This position is required to work some evenings and weekends. Significant travel is required approximately 6-8 weeks in the fall semester and 4-5 weeks in the spring semester as well as working closely and collaboratively with high school guidance counselors, interested students, and their family.
In addition to a completed application, a cover letter, resume, and three professional references are requested.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
The University Admissions office is a dynamic environment which requires dedicated professionals to engage, excite, and enroll qualified students to Northern Arizona University to help meet enrollment goals. The Student Recruitment Coordinator, Sr (SRC, Sr) role is intended for seasoned professionals who have experience working in an admissions setting. The SRC, Sr helps the University Admissions Leadership Team with the management of recruitment and orientation. This role will apply the university’s recruitment strategies to identify, recruit, and enroll qualified new transfer and first year students across all education delivery modalities (e.g. Flagstaff, Community Campuses, and Online) from the assigned territory (in-state, WUE, and/or non-resident). Approximately 80% of the Student Recruitment Coordinator’s time will be spent recruiting traditionally aged freshman students, and 20% of their time recruiting transfer students and students interested in NAU’s additional education modalities. The Coordinator must demonstrate a strong commitment to the values of student service, integrity, student success, diversity, and engagement. Cross-cultural competence and experience within a multi-cultural, collegiate environment is sought.
- Cultivates and manages a recruitment territory (or territories) to recruit qualified students to the university for all educational delivery methods.Counsel, guide, and advise prospective students, families, and other constituents in the completion of complex admission and financial aid forms, admissions requirements, transfer guidelines, cost of attendance, financial aid programs, and various other student and enrollment related services, programs, and opportunities.
- Develops, implements, and maintains key University Admissions programs to help facilitate the recruitment of qualified transfer and first-year students. Includes collaboration with other Enrollment Management and University staff including, but not limited to the Student Service Center, Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, Academic Affairs, Office of College & Business Relationships, and/or other Arizona Board of Regents partners (i.e. sister institutions). Interacts and maintains excellent working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and outside/community agencies in facilitating University Admissions and Enrollment Management program objectives.Represents the University, its mission, policies, and procedures to a broad range of constituents, in particular, those in other segments of the education community, prospective students and families, personnel in high schools, community colleges, community-based organizations, businesses, etc.Develops and implements programming to meet the needs of prospective students and other constituent groups to the University (i.e. contemporary students/adult learners, honors students, students from ethnically and culturally diverse backgrounds, transfer students, first-generation students, etc.).Coordinates, implements, and participates in visits to high schools, community colleges, businesses in the community, and other university sponsored and/or approved recruitment events.Stays apprised of, and current on, new enrollment management strategies, and best practices for communication to prospective students, and other important constituents to meet University enrollment goals. Stays current on local, regional, and national trends pertaining to area of assignment and recruitment territories.Participates in trainings periodically on-campus in Flagstaff and throughout the state, as well as via web and/or phone.Completes weekly reports related to recruitment, enrollment projections, personal schedule, travel, special programs, and professional development.Evaluates program effectiveness, assesses outcomes, and develops improved programming to achieve goals, and complete cost analyses for programs and events.Assist with the execution of on-campus and virtual visit programs as needed, including but not limited to Transfer Visit Days and Transfer First Fridays, Discover NAU, Explore Honors Day, Multicultural Recruitment Programs, and other recruitment programs, as well as on- and off-campus Orientation programs.Collaborates with functional and subject area experts within and out of University Admissions and Orientation in the development of training materials and policies and procedures.Ensures training documents, policies, and territory reports are kept current and easily accessible by staff.Provides presentations to a multitude of individuals and groups to communicate the vision, mission, values, and programs of the University.Serves as a liaison to academic colleges and departments and collects important information and updates from our academic departments. Develops and maintains strong working relationships with academic partners.Supports the Enrollment Management and University Admissions Leadership Team in the management of the Recruitment Team and their work with prospective students and their guests.Serves and informs Enrollment Management and University Admissions Leadership Team within the University Admissions office by participating in strategic recruitment planning and staffing decisions.Collects and analyzes data to determine the effectiveness of recruitment strategies in their respective recruitment territories. This will include reports through Business Objects, Enterprise Reporting, PeopleSoft, and Salesforce.Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree AND 3-5 years of relevant experience, ORAny equivalent combination of related education, experience, and training.The applicant must possess a valid Arizona drivers’ license or be eligible for one by date of hire. Additionally, a good driving record is required.
- Master’s degree preferably in a student personnel, education, business, or related field AND at least one year of supervisory experience (with preference given to directly related admissions/enrollment management experience).
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices pertaining to Admissions and Orientation, as well as Enrollment Management.Skill in problem solving and decision making.Demonstrated skill to prioritize individual work tasks, but also to assist supervisors in prioritizing work tasks.Demonstrated skill in both verbal and written communication.Skill in establishing and maintaining effective and productive working relationships with on-campus and off-campus partners.Skill in program development and execution.Strong organizational and training/human development skills.Ability to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.Ability to represent Northern Arizona University and University Admissions in a professional manner.Ability and willingness to travel throughout the greater Los Angeles County/Southern California region, as well as throughout the western United States.Ability and willingness to work numerous nights and weekends.Knowledge of issues pertaining to areas of assignment.Knowledge of, or ability to learn, SalesForce CRM, PeopleSoft Student Information System, Business Objects and Enterprise Reporting tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Keynote, and Prezi.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus and NAU-Fort Defiance as these campuses have on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities.
If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
The budgeted salary amount is $44,850.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
May 24, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.