Community Outreach Assistant II (Kingman) (ETE)
Mohave County OfficeDepartment Website Link:
County Extensions and FarmsAddress:
101 E Beale St, Kingman, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
This position is Extended Temporary, up to two years dependent on grant renewal. This position will provide nutrition education, promote physical activity, and healthy environments for children and families living in low-income communities throughout Mohave County. They will work with schools to implement a gardening based SNAP-Ed nutrition education program. Will be responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating PSE strategies as listed in the work plan. Will be responsible for working with the Native American Population to provide direct nutrition education and implementation of PSE strategies.
This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for working with the Native American Population to provide direct nutrition education and implementation of PSE strategies.
- Organize/promote/conduct nutrition, physical activity, and gardening education programs for youth, adults, and seniors in Mohave County.
- Develop and implement appropriate lesson plans according to approved curricula and follows procedure for resource items including but not limited to recipes, incentive items, and handouts.
- Attend training and professional development courses as required, occasionally out of town.
- Programs will be delivered to sites throughout Mohave County.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
- Bachelor's degree in field of study.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Outreach and Community EngagementBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
3Career Stream and Level:
Cmty OutreachJob Function:
Outreach & Community EngageType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/31/2021Expected End Date:
9/30/2022Contact Information for Candidates:
4/22/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
ResumeSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.