Associate Director of Special Events (UPDATED)
Eller AdministrationDepartment Website Link:Location:
1130 E Helen Street, Tucson, AZ 85721 USAPosition Highlights:
Please note: The posted salary has changed from $47,048 – $55,000 to $47,048 – $60,000.
The Associate Director of Special Events is a part of the Development and Alumni team and supports it by planning and executing special event activities. The Associate Director will partner closely with the University Alumni and Development Program (UADP) to create and exceed fundraising goals and objectives. Special events and meetings include approximately 35 annual events, and range from 25-1000 attendees, but are not limited to the following: 7-10 Donor events, 10-15 Alumni events, 14 National Board of Advisors meetings, 5 Phoenix events, and 2 Convocation events.
This position is a member of the University Alumni Development Program (UADP) and subject to joint management by the Eller College of Management and the University of Arizona Foundation as specified in the Development Services and Asset Management Agreement dated August 2016.
The Eller College of Management at the University of Arizona is internationally recognized for pioneering research, innovative curriculum, distinguished faculty, and excellence in management information systems, entrepreneurship, and social responsibility. A leading business school in the United States, the Eller College is ranked by U.S. News & World Report in the top 20 among undergraduate business programs as well as for specialty programs in entrepreneurship and management information systems. In addition to a Full-time MBA program, the Eller College of Management offers an Evening MBA program, the Eller Executive MBA, the Online MBA and a wide variety of specialty graduate programs.
As we work toward our mission to discover and share new knowledge that shapes the future of business and to educate the next generation of responsible, global leaders who embody the changing business world and possess the knowledge and drive to impact it, we recognize the value of diversity and inclusion. We invite all qualified individuals to apply to join us in achieving our mission.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for special events focused on cultivating and stewarding Eller donors and alumni, as well as building the Eller brand. These creative special events (in-person or virtually) will help create and build a pipeline of donors, generate awareness and amplify the Eller brand position.
- Track and manage timelines and strategies for all Eller donor and alumni related events, including fundraising, national board of advisors, and alumni within the Dean’s Office.
- Assist in identifying, maintaining and cultivating relationships with Eller donors, potential donors, and alumni.
- Meet with Eller staff and faculty to plan, schedule and execute events.
- Assist with and coordinate various communications with the national board of advisors.
- Work with the MarComm Team to plan, develop and execute all aspects of marketing and branding all Eller events.
- Arrange venues, catering, equipment, technological needs, décor, and other elements crucial to a successful event.
- Develop and track individual budgets for all special events.
- Drives university golf cart to transport alumni and other special guests as needed.
- Provide expertise and implements best practices to ensure high ROI of all events and share these best practices with academic units that also implement events to ensure their success and college consistency.
- Work with the Associate Director of Stewardship and Donor Engagement, the Associate Director of Alumni Relations, Development Officers to promote, celebrate and honor donors and alumni who provide support to the Eller College.
- Manage coordinator, students and volunteers to ensure event success. In addition, supervise 5-7 student workers and DCCs.
- Interpersonalskills to create effective collaborations among various levels of staff,faculty, constituencies across an organization to bring large scale projects tocompletion.
- Provide meaningful feedback to interns to enhance their career success.
- Travel will be required,and occasional overnight stays may be involved.
- Will be required to workevenings and/or weekends as necessary to staff events and meet with communitymembers.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of experience working with special events-based fundraising programs
- Experience in planning and organizing event-based stewardship and fundraising activities in person and virtually
- Expertise in Microsoft products and design platforms, such as CANVA, Photoshop, and In Design
- Provide own transportation to multiple sites and events
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
- Experience in preparing information in appropriate form for diverse audiences.
- Experience in crafting clear, concise messages related to pre- and post-event communications materials and messages to internal and external audiences.
- Experience in writing and editing logical, detailed, and analytical reports that support planning and decision making.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
University OperationsBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$47,048 – $60,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/17/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Phoebe Chalk Wadsworth
Senior Director of Development
4/21/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.