Hepatitis C Treatment Program Coordinator - Thomas Boyer Liver Institute
MedicineDepartment Website Link:Location:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona Thomas Boyer Liver Institute is seeking candidates for a Community Outreach Professional II to oversee the Hepatitis C Treatment Program (HCTP). This individual will work with a team of experienced doctors, nurses, and clinical care coordinators to increase Hepatitis C Testing, Linkage to Care, and Treatment Services.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Hepatitis C screening program through BUMC outpatient clinics as well as off-site screening activities as appropriate.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and implement the financial assistance program for Hepatitis C treatment.
- Develop screening tools to help identify patients that are in need of services and oversee patient screening activities.
- Develops collaborative relationships with community health centers and county health departments in southern Arizona and establish MOUs for screening and linkage to care.
- Initiates and/or participates in community out-reach activities to inform local social service organizations and professional organizations of services for Hepatitis C financial assistance program and screening initiatives.
- Develops and maintain website specific and communication materials to promote the Hepatitis C treatment program.
- Develops proposals for funding and/or funding continuation from outside sponsors.
- Develops and implements quality management tools/programs to assess program success and make changes as needed.
- Prepares periodic reports on program activities.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
*Experience overseeing 340B drug savings and/or financial assistance programs. *Experience with intake/clinical care coordination and treatment services for eligible patients in need of financial assistance. *Experience in communicating effectively in both written and verbal form with a wide range of individuals.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Outreach and Community EngagementBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$37,506 - $52,092Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
6Career Stream and Level:
Cmty OutreachJob Function:
Outreach & Community EngageType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Karena Nespoli |[email protected]Open Date:
4/22/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please provide the name and contact information for three professional references. The hiring department will contact references as needed.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.