IT Support Computing Analyst II
Social & Behavioral Sci AdminDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Information Technology Services team is accepting applications for the position of Information Technology Support Computing Analyst II. The selected candidate will work as a member of our College’s computer services team to provide IT services to multiple departments with diverse technology requirements.
SBS Tech (SBS Information Technology Services) provides innovative, reliable, and accessible information technology services to faculty, staff, and students in the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences to help the College and its constituents achieve their goals as a learning and research community. Our team of skilled and knowledgeable individuals possesses a wide array of technical expertise and experience. In support of the College’s goals as a learning community, we strive to stay up to date with the latest technologies available and encourage continued learning opportunities such as pursuing advanced degrees and certifications.
The successful applicant will need to be skilled in excellent customer service, analyzing and troubleshooting computer hardware and software problems, providing IT support to users of varying levels of technical expertise, and working independently or as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing along with skills in in time management and in dealing with multiple priorities would is also needed. This position will need to have the ability to lift and move heavy items that weigh as much as 60 pounds each.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
TheUniversity of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-lifeprograms. For more information about working at the University of Arizona andrelocations services, please visit talent.arizona.edu
- Provides support to end users for PC, applications, hardware and network issues.
- Install, configure, and maintain both Windows and Mac desktop hardware, software and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software problems
- Implement and monitor computer security and quality assurance procedures.
- Create and maintain system technical documents.
- Provide IT support to college events, which includes moving heavy items that weigh as much as 60 lbs each.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 and 2019 Core andDatacenter
- Experiencewith SCCM
- Familiaritywith Hyper-V virtualization
- Cloudcomputing experience AWS/Azure
- Experiencewith PowerShell
- Basic SQLknowledge a plus
- Familiaritywith Privileged Access Management
- Experiencewith Database Management
- Experienceinstalling, trouble-shooting and supporting analytic tools
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$19.23 per hourCompensation Type:
6Career Stream and Level:
IT SupportJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/3/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
4/22/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.