Adjunct English Positions — Fall 2021
Spartanburg Methodist College invites applications for part-time adjunct faculty positions in English. Start date for Fall 2021 is August 18. Contracts may be renewed on a semester-by-semester basis pending enrollment.
The successful candidate will teach up to three sections of first-year composition and/or introduction to literature courses in a face-to-face or online format.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Ph.D., MFA, or MA in English, rhetoric and composition, creative writing, or a related field.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Have experience with Course Management Systems such as Blackboard, Canvas, or D2L / Brightspace.
- Be firmly committed to high-quality, reflexive teaching and be familiar with best practices in writing and composition pedagogies.
- Have demonstrable, successful experience as a teacher at the college level (or demonstrable promise thereof).
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a list of references with contact information, and unofficial transcripts with their application to Dr. Kelly Neil, Chair of the English Department, at [email protected].
The application deadline for all positions is June 1, 2021
Spartanburg Methodist College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any legally protected status in any personnel action regarding the recruiting, hiring, and promotion of faculty and staff member.