Temporary CEFS Power Program Associate
TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
This position will specifically support the EmPOWERing Mountain Food Systems project. It will report directly to and be housed under the project director of EmPOWER project. This position will be dedicated to supporting the administrative needs of the grant for 20 hours a week. Remaining hours may be picked up as funding allows to support the Events Logistics Team and participate in the logistics of CEFS events. This position will be part of the Administrative Working Group and the Local Foods Working Group and will support the CEFS Business Manager in supporting the business functions of the specific grant. EmPowering Mountain Local Food Systems is a federally funded grant targeted to coal impacted regions of Appalachia. Our goal is to help develop the local food and farming economy through supply chain enhancement, technical training, infrastructure development, agritourism, value-added production, business planning and an apprenticeship program.
Major job responsibilities include:
- Management of various projects at once
- Communicating with a wide range of stakeholders and the general public through email and phone
- Federal grant management and administrative duties
- Management of diverse,detailed excel spreadsheets and google suite databases tracking spending, federal forms, vendors and payment processes
- Assisting evaluation team with data collection, farmer contacts and spending metrics
- Supporting project directors grant management duties with the NCSU grants office
- Event planning assistance and logistics of program events
- Management and reconciliation of company credit card
- Processing financial paperwork, including paying invoices through the NCSU invoice payment system
- Management of state travel paperwork for individuals, large conferences, and events of program
- Constant follow up to ensure paperwork has been processed by the state Data entry
- Assignments will often be delivered remotely from agents in the field via email and candidate will need to prioritize based on upcoming deadlines. Candidate must be able to hit the ground running, and be ready to jump into a busy team. Only candidates with an exceptional work ethic will be considered. www.cefs.ncsu.edu for more information on CEFS.
- approximately 20 hours a week. Some nights, early mornings and weekend work will be required during events or busy seasons. Some overnight travel will be required for events. The office is based at NC State University in Raleigh, but the project is based in Southwestern NC and occasional travel will be required. With exception to certain event blackout dates, schedule is somewhat flexible.
NoJob City & State:
Temp Technical/ParaprofessionalWorking Title:
Temporary CEFS Power Program AssociateWork Schedule:
20/hrs per weekOther Work/Responsibilities:
-BS in Communication, Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing, Sustainability, Environmental Science, Agroecology, Agriculture or a related field preferredDepartment Required Skills:
-Excellent communication, follow-up, time management and computer and database management skills
- Candidate must have an interest in sustainable agriculture
-An excellent work ethic and genuine interest in the work of CEFS
-Must be able to lift 25 pounds and stand or sit for extended periods of time
-Must be extremely reliable and an excellent team player in a fast paced environment
-Experience in a busy office setting
-Experience in an agriculture related field
-Valid Driver’s LicenseValid NC Driver's License required?:
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$18/hrJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.