Full-Time Faculty, Finance and Accounting
The Johnson School of Business (JSOB) at Hodges University in Fort Myers, Florida welcomes highly qualified applicants to fill an immediate need for a Full Time Faculty of Finance and Accounting position starting in Fall 2021.
Applicants must have an earned a doctoral degree in Finance and/or Accountancy from a regionally accredited institution and a CPA, CFP, or other professional designation is preferred. If the doctoral degree is in a related discipline, it must be combined with a high level of substantive academic and/or professional engagement activities within discipline to support currency and relevance in the field of teaching. The JSOB emphasizes building a strong foundation of critical thinking and the practical application of rigorous curriculum which is developed alongside industry leaders with current market demands in mind. As a member of the JSOB faculty, the person in this role will be an integral part of the department and have the opportunity to shape the Finance and Accounting programs. The JSOB has among its core values one-on-one and group mentorship of students and community involvement.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is an excellent instructor, a capable adjunct faculty mentor, and who has experience with program development and growth. The faculty contract is for a period of 12 months and is renewed annually.
The candidate will be expected to provide excellent and current instruction in Finance and Accounting at the undergraduate and graduate levels, in different course delivery formats including traditional on campus face-to-face, Technology Enhanced Classroom (TEC) instruction, and fully online.
The candidate is expected to show relevant experience in both Finance and Accounting. The incoming faculty will be expected to participate in reviewing and revising the Finance and Accounting programs and reviewing and/or developing new curriculum. Other responsibilities include active program recruiting for the Finance and Accounting majors (which will include student and adjunct faculty mentorship), working with other faculty on program assessment and continuous improvement, attending departmental and university meetings/functions, holding on-campus office hours, and performing other related duties and University service as assigned.
Specific to this Position
- Integrate relevant career/workforce experience in the teaching & learning environment
- Meet regularly with the Senior Vice President, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Director of Programmatic Quality, and staff to ensure operation of programs.
- The employee must adhere to FERPA guidelines and student confidentiality at all times.
- Provide a solid model of ethical leadership while fostering workforce relevant academics and professionalism with students.
- Contribute to the innovative delivery of education in the classroom and online learning.
- Service to Department, School, University, and Community: Participate in student advising, institutional committees, holding on-campus office hours, and campus/community/professional activities. Participate in program reviews; participate in student recruitment and retention. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
To be eligible to apply for this position, candidates should:
- Hold a terminal degree in a business discipline, with Accounting or Finance degree desirable. Candidates should also hold a professional credential in an accounting or finance area or a related discipline. Significant business experience in the accounting and/or finance profession(s) is desirable.
- ABDs are welcome to apply if they expect to have completed the full degree requirements by or before December 2021.
- Be able to provide quality instruction in the areas and modalities mentioned above.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. The successful candidate will commence duties by August 2, 2021.
- Applicants must submit the following information to [email protected]
- Letter of interest that addresses the required qualifications.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three professional references (name, title, address, phone number, email address)
- Unofficial transcripts.
For more information about Hodges University, please visit www.hodges.edu
Live and work in paradise! Hodges University is located in sunny, Ft. Myers, Florida on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast. The region is home to over 1 million year-round residents who take advantage of entertainment options as diverse as shelling on Sanibel Island or Swamp Buggy Racing in Naples, Airboat rides in the Everglades or Art Shows on Fifth Avenue, Fine dining on cuisine from all over the world or fishing for your own fresh catch, world-class golfing or Warm Mineral Springs, the Ferry to Key West or the Edison/Ford Winter estates, and the REVS Institute for Automotive Research and Historical Study or the Rodeo in Arcadia. Our economy is among the more diversified in the state and our region continues to grow.
Hodges University is a dynamic, entrepreneurial institution of higher education that espouses the non-traditional, not just in the students we serve but in the opportunities we leverage. We offer workforce focused certificates and degrees in areas such as Clinical Healthcare, Business, Psychology, and Information Technology. We are the region’s only federally-designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and offer a robust English as a Second Language program – on campus, online, and in satellite locations. All of our learning environments are TEC-enabled, which means, for the majority of classes, students can pick both how and when they go to class – in person, online, or virtual – each time the class meets!
Hodges University is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under the law in its hiring practices. All offers of employment conditioned on the successful completion of a background check and in some cases, a drug test.
Hodges Annual Security report (Cleary Act Information and Policy) and Crime Stats located at https://www.hodges.edu/admissions/consumerInformation.aspx. The security report describes Hodges Annual Security Plan, and the Crime Stats report lists the number and types of crimes committed on or near campus each year.
To the extent, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is applicable to me, I hereby consent to the processing of my Personal Data as defined by the GDPR for the purposes outlined and provided for in Hodges’ policies, as amended from time to time. I understand that in certain circumstances, I have the right to object to the processing of my Personal Data. I further understand that I have the right to request (1) access to my Personal Data; (2) rectification of mistakes or errors and/or erasure of my Personal Data; (3) that Hodges restrict processing of my Personal Data; and (4) that Hodges provide my Personal Data upon request in a portable format.